GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

my first Vw, Golf GTD. Red, the story so far

bri_jnr

Hi

Collected my Golf GTD in March, been a bit busy so not had a chance to join.

Registered in march Red Golf GTD, only option was winter pack to keep the Mrs happy haha

Anyway racked 15000 miles up so far between work and personal miles, visited the Nurburgring in the summer, Managed a 10.08 on my third lap, had hoped to break the 10 minute mark but never been round before so I wasnt to unhappy.
Fitted a dash cam, thankfully not needed it yet. Just fitted 16 inch winter wheels in black looks, look ok, but hey. My Mrs is German and her family lives in cologne, going back for Christmas, under German law you are required to have winter wheels on, which is annoying, on the plus side, they life 1 hour from the ring:) Also fitted £10 eBay special mud flaps at the weekend (after a few "adjustments").

Attachments

• nurb5.jpg
    nurb5.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 603
  • nurb3.jpg
    nurb3.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 595

bri_jnr

This is the video of my last lap, as i said wasnt as quick as i would like but considering it was my third lap ever, im not upset, it was respectable.

https://youtu.be/59PyeeVt7fU

(how the heck to you share the video in a small box??)

here is a picture of the winter set up. I will hopefully get a coat of wax on at the weekend before the winter really bites, will take more pictures then.

phope1

Ready to race!
Love the idea of driving on the Nurburgring, but not in my company car. Perhaps a Ring taxi for me :D

My German relatives are 2 hours from the area - must head over sometime and use that as the excuse