GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Music on SD card. Problems. Media keeps resetting.

442GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
2018 Autobahn - Last week I picked up a 32 GB SD Card. Was a little worried after reading this post. Inserted it into my computer, dragged my iTunes library onto it (about 1200 songs - mix of CD's and downloads). Inserted the SD card in the VW SD2 slot, and all looked great. Songs could be viewed alphabetically, or by artist, or album. Seemed to play fine as well. Couldn't be easier. Didn't understand all the fuss on this forum, nor all the chat about formatting the card (not necessary for a new card).

So this week downloaded a few new tunes onto the SD Card. Copied them over and returned the card to the VW. The new songs do not show up in the VW. Inserted the card backed into a computer to double check, and the new songs were there. For some reason the VW will not see these new songs. The card is only 24% full.

Anyone have this issue? I also started having the issue with the card resetting back to the first song each time I start the car. This issue seems random.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
So this week downloaded a few new tunes onto the SD Card. Copied them over and returned the card to the VW. The new songs do not show up in the VW. Inserted the card backed into a computer to double check, and the new songs were there. For some reason the VW will not see these new songs. The card is only 24% full.

That's definitely odd. I suspect that something is amiss with the MP3 tags. iTunes isn't perfect with them. I've also had issues with artwork sizes - sometimes music bought directly from iTunes has massive artwork files, which won't display. I downsize them to 600x600 and they then work fine. Other times, they are that size by default (or smaller) and don't need to be messed with.

I'd start by checking the MP3 tags. There are a bunch of utilities out there to do this. Good luck!

442GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I resolved my problem described above. I deleted all songs from the SD Card and re-copied the iTunes library. This time all songs are now seen in the VW. All works PERFECT.

enobiko

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 SE 6 MT
Resurrecting an old thread...
My 2017 GTI SE does the resetting back to the first album alphabetically on the SD. This is a Samsung EVO 128GB SD, with about 600 albums on it, all of them FLAC lossless.
How can I find out what software version my Media is?? And, if there is an update available to fix this bug, does VW charge for that?

enobiko

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 SE 6 MT
I found out my software version is 757. That version should already have the fix, correct?
What else can I do to get it to stop resetting back to the first album on the SD?