GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MQB Reverse Rake pads vs TT Pads

MK7Fanatic

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
Hey just wondering if there is any difference between these 2? Are they the same thickness?

I've done quite a bit of research going back and forth on my thread here as well as other forums, facebook etc https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/which-lowering-springs-should-i-go-with.385391/ and it looks like I'm going to be ordering the Eibach PRO kit that will give me a 1" drop. There seems to be mixed inputs on reverse rake with these springs (like most others) on DSG units. So I'm going to order these pads just incase while I have everything apart.

I

1623939778467.png

1623939727410.png

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
The TT pads will probably compress more over time. The others are ABS plastic.

Did not measure the thickness of my TT pads, but sites state they are 7.5mm thicker than regular GTI pads. The plastic pads are listed as 13/32"

MK7Fanatic

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
The TT pads will probably compress more over time. The others are ABS plastic.

Did not measure the thickness of my TT pads, but sites state they are 7.5mm thicker than regular GTI pads. The plastic pads are listed as 13/32"

Okay sounds pretty close then thanks!!

TT pads 7.5mm thick
MQB listed as 13/32nds which is about 10.32mm thick

3mm difference hardly noticeable between the 2 then. Will probably just get MQB then they are easier to find and cost less up here in Canada

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
One replaces the OEM rubber pad, the other one goes between the OEM pad and the car. I think they are the same thickness, but the EMD pieces may raise it a little more, since you have to also add the thickness of the OEM pad as well. I ordered the OEM TT pads, I think a piece of solid ABS mounted against the car eventually make noise.

I wish they had them in urethane like the ones I used to use for my GTO.
https://pedders.com/products/ep386-10-rear-spring-spacer-10mm-pontiac-gto