GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Most quiet downpipe for stage 2?

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
After doing a bit of research, AWE downpipe looks like a quality product. It has a high-flow cat with no-CEL guarantee, and a built in resonator.

Any feedback on this product?

I would choose Neuspeed over AWE, for price, they both guarantee no CEL. Neuspeed makes GREAT stuff, also here in the USA, Camarillo.

RaysMK7GTI

Ready to race!
A++++ owned a TBE since November of 2014....I went catted and chose the touring exhaust....price is a little on the steep side(I want to say around $1800-$1900 shipped), getting the tips to line up because they don't come welded on was a pain in the ass, very little drone inside and when casually driving sounds similar to the OEM exhaust but over all AWE makes awesome products and don't regret spending the money one bit

I forgot to add that I did in fact drive the car with no tune at all for about a month or so before I went with the Eurodyne tune and like AWE says...no CEL guarantee and its the truth!!

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
After doing a bit of research, AWE downpipe looks like a quality product. It has a high-flow cat with no-CEL guarantee, and a built in resonator.

I think you're confusing the flex section for a resonator.

Johnny Blaze

Go Kart Champion
Correct, the AWE does not come with a resonator, that is just the flex joint pipe, whatever you wanna call it.

UR you can custom build ur DP with the options you want, cat, not cat, resonator, no res, etc.

Z27

Ready to race!
Interesting. I read this from the description of Modded Euros:

Designed to mate to the AWE Tuning exhaust or any other exhaust that bolts to factory locations, the AWE Tuning Mk7 GTI Performance Downpipe features an integrated resonator to keep the exhaust sound volume civilized, even with the elimination of the restrictive factory converters.

(oz)

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting. I read this from the description of Modded Euros:

Looks as if Modded Euros inadvertently copied part of the MK6 AWE downpipe description.

Z27

Ready to race!
Looks as if Modded Euros inadvertently copied part of the MK6 AWE downpipe description.

Ah bummer.
Back to the drawing board. It seems like the only options are 42DD and UR but their catalyst triggers a CEL without a spacer or a tune.
I guess you can't have it all.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion

Wanted to follow up on this as just spotted it. We actually took the initial content right from AWE's site which was incorrect. They corrected their site and we have since modified our descriptions to be correct.

Sorry about the mixup.