GOLFMKV

Most annoying thing about your GTI

Baldilocks73

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

spoderman

Passed Driver's Ed
Incredibly invasive traction control. I COULD turn it off but i'm pushing 420wtq and would prefer to not die. So I'm stuck with it.

vwgtidude

Ready to race!
1. The F'ing BLACK ICE WARNING.

2. That you need to use handbrakes when parked on a hill or the DSG GTI will studder backwards or forwards, depending on the hill.

3. After you open the doors from a car wash. The water would spill from the bottom of the door and body.

4. Side mirrors are too small. I care barely see cars coming by.

5. The driver seat is uncomfortable.

6. I cannot drop the driver seat down with a latch but I have to slowly roll the circle spinner.... which takes forever so that I can lay down.

7. Holding the gear for way too long on sport mode.

Another annoyance I discovered today: hearing the rear camera expose itself when reversing. That mechanical sound annoys me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least you have one LMAO.

Last edited:

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt

2. That you need to use handbrakes when parked on a hill or the DSG GTI will studder backwards or forwards, depending on the hill.

3. After you open the doors from a car wash. The water would spill from the bottom of the door and body.

6. I cannot drop the driver seat down with a latch but I have to slowly roll the circle spinner.... which takes forever so that I can lay down.

1: can be changed with the help of vcds. But I don't see why it's annoying.

2: you should always use the parking brake whenever you park the car. Good habit to have ;)

4: https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII--2.0T_Gen3/Exterior/Mirrors/ES2784761/
That solved the problem for me :cool:

Can't really help with 5 & 6.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion

1-Get an OBD11 to code it out
2-Always use the handbrake. You're just wearing out your motor and trans mount quicker by not
4-I thought so at first but after I adjusted them properly I have had zero issues.

MikeGmk7

Something I forgot when I posted on this last week: THE CENTER ARMREST!!!

I don't understand it. I like the position all the way up and forward, and every time I move the damn thing to put a drink in the aft drink holder or access the little bin below it, it takes numerous gyrations of up/down/back/forth to get the armrest locked back into position. Really annoys me!

Unreal1

Autocross Champion

DSG stutters everywhere at low speed. What really got me was getting out of a tight space on a hill and the hill hold didn't reengage. Thankfully I was able to get back on the brake quick enough.

Pyzon

Ready to race!

Set them up properly you dont need blind spot mirrors, rear-view objects should progress into side-mirror objects with no loss in visibility of the object and without you having to move your head back/forwards etc...took a bit of getting used too and gaining trust but i have no issues..could be my enormous head or huge bulging eyes also ?

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
How about the RS3? Is that also not a sports car? Cos that's a sporty as it get as far as I'm concerned (it's also extremely practical on top of it being an absolute beast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDmYba0YfT0

Geeze, I'll never be able to get away from this, eh?

Yeah, the RS3 is a fast car. Sure, it's a performance car. No, I don't think it's a sports car. Sports cars are purpose build for driving. A car doesn't need to be fast to be a sports car (Miata)

mhouck

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd like to be able to lock the car with the key fob while the engine is running. That's probably the only gripe I have.