GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Moog endlinks - do these bushings look alright?

mrs1700

I just received a set of Moog Endlinks for my GTI - getting paired with an H&R 24mm RSB, and I noticed some asymmetry in the amount of bushing that's visible.

The position of the stud (where it will attach to the end of the bar) looks OK, it's just the amount of rubber protruding from the main body of the endlink.

Both endlinks look new, and the movement of the stud works well in both.

Paranoia? Or should I give Moog a call?

20210910_125234.jpg

Thanks, Mike

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
They are fine. They are not fully greased out the box, they are lightly greased with a green shelf life grease. Once you install and grease them they'll expand as you'll need to fill until you flush the green stuff out.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Make sure you can move the threaded end around without a lot of force.. I got a bad one that was much harder to move than the other. I greased it before install and it still didn't want to move.

mrs1700

They are fine. They are not fully greased out the box, they are lightly greased with a green shelf life grease. Once you install and grease them they'll expand as you'll need to fill until you flush the green stuff out.
Thanks, didn't realize this. I guess I get to go treat myself to a new tool.

Make sure you can move the threaded end around without a lot of force.. I got a bad one that was much harder to move than the other. I greased it before install and it still didn't want to move.
Fortunately, both of them are mobile without too much force and seem consistent between the two.