GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Model Radio 5G0035844 & Rear Camera Retrofit

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I'm hoping for some info as well, please post here if you find anything on other forums etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 of the sellers that I have talked to have implied that they will work but no one has verified 100%. I am debating on whether or not I should wait for the silver panel for LHD cars on the 8" navigation screen everyone is going nuts for https://avinusa.com/volkswagen-golf-7-gti-8-multimedia-navigation-system.html and just save some money and get one of these on the cheap.

I just cant get my head wrapped around $500+ for a reverse camera that may or may not work....although this option ^^ is less aesthetically pleasing...

TorqueMaster

I like the oem option the best, but running the wiring and what not to the hatch handle seems like it would be a pain. Any word when silver panel will be available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
I was told that I would be notified when the silver panel will be released. Basically left my name and email with the "live online" presence on the site. I will post it up if I hear anything.

paulkromz

Drag Racing Champion
Good luck with that, even if the price was that of the OEM , there is still all the labour involved.

labor is not an issue. I already have a few grand set aside for installation / prep / paint work for coils, front/side/rear valences, short shifter, wheels, tires, alignment, wiring up & coding for fog lights and a few other things that I am sure I am missing that I already have ready to install. I just need to get a rear camera setup and a rear subwoofer and have my shop guys install that too.

so labor is something that I have already anticipated. ;)