GOLFMKV

MK8 steering wheel for MK7

nanakino

5F0EF934-5275-4484-BDEC-3FA9376B6368.jpeg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I wouldn't want the engine stop/start button on the steering wheel where it's too easily accidentally touched.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Oh interesting, didn’t realize they moved the stop/start and drive select buttons to the MK8 wheel... Copied the Audi R8 and TTRS ha

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I wouldn't want the engine stop/start button on the steering wheel where it's too easily accidentally touched.
It only ding and turns on a warning message on the dash when you hit the start button while in motion, you have to press it once, wait a sec then press it again to actually shut the car off

Oh interesting, didn’t realize they moved the stop/start and drive select buttons to the MK8 wheel... Copied the Audi R8 and TTRS ha
they “VAG” didn’t move it.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/40012...hF7QCX8m2h1sn1j8d7BoCBBEQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
If its an AliExpress mk8 wheel some of them are modified mk7 wheels. Gotta be careful if you order one.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Ya all are just jealous, new wheel is chock full of awesome and buttons are clunky and old. I mean, that's for the real wheel, not necessarily the OPs. The Start/Stop and Drive Select being on there is silly though.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
I like the new wheels and capacitive buttons. It look a little getting used to.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I've yet to accidentally press any buttons on my Mk8 wheel. I've made no specific effort avoid touching them. Contrary to what the "internet" suggests they don't activate with just touch.

I am also not big on the start/stop and driving mode buttons. Ignoring the aesthetics they are duplicating function in an arguably less convenient location.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I've yet to accidentally press any buttons on my Mk8 wheel. I've made no specific effort avoid touching them. Contrary to what the "internet" suggests they don't activate with just touch.

I am also not big on the start/stop and driving mode buttons. Ignoring the aesthetics they are duplicating function in an arguably less convenient location.
I thought I had turned my heated steering wheel on by accident, but it turns out it defaulted to the medium setting from the factory. Once I turned that off, I haven't had any accidental taps aside from one time I engaged the R button when turning around, which just took me out of N'Ring mode and into Eco, waa waa. Regardless, looks like they're going back to the dumb physical button wheel, at least on the Tiguan, likely the others soon. I'll continue to enjoy mine though.