GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK8 GTI Clubsport 45

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
50K euro - yikes.

Take away the 19% VAT, and it's just about 50K USD too. But we all know it'll never be released in the US anyway.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Take away the 19% VAT, and it's just about 50K USD too. But we all know it'll never be released in the US anyway.

I wonder how many would be realistically sold in the US? At nearly 50k...it would cost more than a Golf R.

Like half the people that are screaming "bring it over" won't even buy one :rolleyes: 😁 🤷‍♂️. I think I'd rather get a lightly used M2. I can see myself getting one down the line.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I feel like if they did sell a select amount one year in the US they would not even hit the lots before they were sold regardless of price. They've created a demand with exclusivity.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Styling wise, that front end addresses all of the issues I have with the MK8 GTI.
If the regular MK8 looked like that, or if the MK8.5 does, I might be in.
That, and if they add physical HVAC and audio controls.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Styling wise, that front end addresses all of the issues I have with the MK8 GTI.
If the regular MK8 looked like that, or if the MK8.5 does, I might be in.
That, and if they add physical HVAC and audio controls.
They won't bring back physical controls. I'd love to have a cellphone with a slide out physical keyboard or a cellphone that isn't a tablet, but some things die and stay dead...

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
They won't bring back physical controls. I'd love to have a cellphone with a slide out physical keyboard or a cellphone that isn't a tablet, but some things die and stay dead...
My hope that they will, is that some manufacturers have done so after lots of negative reviews on such controls.
And, VW is getting universally slagged for them in reviews.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
My hope that they will, is that some manufacturers have done so after lots of negative reviews on such controls.
And, VW is getting universally slagged for them in reviews.
Maybe, and I hope you're right. Our clicky wheel, no touchscreen, setup in the audi has been so amazing. Best system I've ever used in a car. I'm so angry they went to a touchscreen in the new Q7. They made it worse in every way, and I can't understand why. Engine, fuel economy, design, everything is worse :(.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Maybe, and I hope you're right. Our clicky wheel, no touchscreen, setup in the audi has been so amazing. Best system I've ever used in a car. I'm so angry they went to a touchscreen in the new Q7. They made it worse in every way, and I can't understand why. Engine, fuel economy, design, everything is worse :(.

I remember a time when automakers used to brag about the functionality of their cabins.
Ergonomics, driver centric controls falling readily to hand that could be adjusted without taking one's eyes off of the road.
It was actually a selling feature.