GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Can someone tell me the function for the following three things that are highlighted please:

First pic I think Triangle is Lane Keep Sensor/Camera, Circle is Rain sensor. Not sure whats on back of mirror

Back of the mirror is light sensor for auto dimming.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
So I want to order some parts from e-acca, but I can’t put my location in apparently Oklahoma isn’t a real place. How do I add a shipping address when I can’t put in my location?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
need to order some fuel line clamps....kind with rolled edges so it doesn't cut into the line.

Amazon link or diameter I need to search for?

5/16 ID, but what would I need for the clamp....assuming a 5/16-1/2 would work?

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Samb

Car(s)
Golf MK7
I have no clue, I don't think US 7.5's got that at all unless it can be coded in by ODBeleven
According to VW retrofit enables the following functions

Attachments

• IMG_9198.jpeg
    IMG_9198.jpeg
    433.4 KB · Views: 21

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Might look into that, I have LKAS, just no traffic sign. I'll see if I can find a long code for it
I tried enabling this on my q7. I'm missing one piece to get the signs to display, and that's the actual image files that it maps to in the registry. Supposedly the dealer can add the images, but no dealer I've talked to cares to try, yet. I'm curious if you'll run into something similar with the images

fatshawnsmom

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 GTI DSG AutoBahn
I tried enabling this on my q7. I'm missing one piece to get the signs to display, and that's the actual image files that it maps to in the registry. Supposedly the dealer can add the images, but no dealer I've talked to cares to try, yet. I'm curious if you'll run into something similar with the images
I wonder if they can be added via SD Card like a nav update. Gonna do some research on this and try to enable on my car. Will report back if I have the images or if I find anything relating to putting them on

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
12 point, 24mm axle bolt. No integrated washer, just a regular shouldered bolt. OEM, appears to have red threadlocker on it.
I'm coming up with two different specs -- 150 ft-lbs + 180°, and 52 ft-lbs + 90°. What's correct? I saw a thread on here suggesting that the latter is accurate for the bolt that does not have a washer, BUT I'd prefer to be sure. 2019 GTI S 6MT, if that matters (it sounds like maybe it's related to the design refresh).

New OEM bolt on the left, bolt I took out on the right.

PXL_20240322_232111379.MP.jpg

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
12 point, 24mm axle bolt. No integrated washer, just a regular shouldered bolt. OEM, appears to have red threadlocker on it.
I'm coming up with two different specs -- 150 ft-lbs + 180°, and 52 ft-lbs + 90°. What's correct? I saw a thread on here suggesting that the latter is accurate for the bolt that does not have a washer, BUT I'd prefer to be sure. 2019 GTI S 6MT, if that matters (it sounds like maybe it's related to the design refresh).

New OEM bolt on the left, bolt I took out on the right.

View attachment 301362
What grade is printed on it?

You could always just look up a grade vs size bolt torque chart.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
This is for the SimosTools crowd I guess.

If I was tuned using a Cobb AP and I want to get re-tuned using SimosTools, I don't have to remove the Cobb tune / unmarry the AP to do so, correct? So if I really wanted to I could still use the AP for datalogging or for the gauges?

I know it makes more sense to unmarry and sell the AP if I'm using SImosTools and my phone but you know, inquiring minds