GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Drove the car for the first time in a little over a week. Put it back on the stock suspension from the Solowerks, surprised with how okay I am with the ride! I think if I throw a RSB on, i'll be much happier. It just kinda seemed under powered today... maybe it's just me. It had a weird stumble when coming to complete stop, also seems to not like full-pulls anymore. Logged it, but don't really see anything alarming other than the AFR (and I don't know if thats to be alarmed about or not.) Full bolt-on STG2 with Flex from EQT!

https://datazap.me/u/risingfallens/e85-funkyness?log=0&data=1-3-7-11

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Drove the car for the first time in a little over a week. Put it back on the stock suspension from the Solowerks, surprised with how okay I am with the ride! I think if I throw a RSB on, i'll be much happier. It just kinda seemed under powered today... maybe it's just me. It had a weird stumble when coming to complete stop, also seems to not like full-pulls anymore. Logged it, but don't really see anything alarming other than the AFR (and I don't know if thats to be alarmed about or not.) Full bolt-on STG2 with Flex from EQT!

https://datazap.me/u/risingfallens/e85-funkyness?log=0&data=1-3-7-11

Someone way smarter than me will chime in I'm sure, but should your rail pressure be that low vs. what is being asked for?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
yeah timing and boost seem fine from what you should feel from the driver seat and oddly enough AFR was fine, but that rail pressure is VERY bad... its low for stock hpfp let alone upgraded one.

I wasn't sure if that was normal for E85 for rail pressure to be that low. But my understanding was E85 required more fuel, so it didn't look right to me...

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
I just got the 93 tune from EqQT for the high pressure pump, maybe I’ll swap and blend tonight. I’m at about a quarter of a tank of e85 left

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I was putting around town the other day and decided to go WOT in 3rd but when shifting into 4th, the RPM's completely dropped as if 4th hadn't engaged. I let off the throttle and gently put it back into gear and all was fine. Haven't really pushed the car since then and its been a few weeks. Car is '17 6MT on w/ JB4 map6 on stock clutch. Is it time to replace my clutch?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I was putting around town the other day and decided to go WOT in 3rd but when shifting into 4th, the RPM's completely dropped as if 4th hadn't engaged. I let off the throttle and gently put it back into gear and all was fine. Haven't really pushed the car since then and its been a few weeks. Car is '17 6MT on w/ JB4 map6 on stock clutch. Is it time to replace my clutch?
The RPM' s would have shot up if the clutch was slipping. Were you still on the throttle?

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
The RPM' s would have shot up if the clutch was slipping. Were you still on the throttle?
Whoops, I meant to say RPM jumped up. I immediately let off the throttle when the RPM's shot up. Car seems to be operating fine but again, I haven't really gotten on it like I did when this incident occurred.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Whoops, I meant to say RPM jumped up. I immediately let off the throttle when the RPM's shot up. Car seems to be operating fine but again, I haven't really gotten on it like I did when this incident occurred.
Then it probably was the clutch that was slipping or you missed the gear. Easy enough to find out though.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Then it probably was the clutch that was slipping or you missed the gear. Easy enough to find out though.
Gotta be the clutch cuz I made sure I was in 4th when I let off the throttle. I too thought I had money shifted into 2nd. That would've been catastrophic from what I've been seeing on the YouTubes.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Does exhaust back pressure cause performance or reliability issues when using the stock exhaust with a big turbo setup (500+ whp)?

meinr

Car(s)
VW Golf 6 GTI
Does exhaust back pressure cause performance or reliability issues when using the stock exhaust with a big turbo setup (500+ whp)?
The question must be, is there a reliability problem when going with 500+ for any components of a car that was once built originally for 300 ponies.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
No reliability issues but it would flow better with a bigger diameter exhaust. Maybe 10-20 more HP.
Thanks! I ended up going with a dbv2 v3. I'm both excited and terrified of dyno day. 😅
The question must be, is there a reliability problem when going with 500+ for any components of a car that was once built originally for 300 ponies.
Engine's built. MPI, LPFP, Meth, charge pipes, etc. What's worrying me is the dbv2 with the stock exhaust. Bad premonitions lol.