GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Yo I’m not sure if I’m in the right thread to ask this but… I’m about to tune my 2017 GTI soon but I just wanna make sure and clear my head on what I need to upgrade before hand and shit. I know I need obv spark plugs, coil packs, I need a turbo inlet etc.

what stage are you tuning to? How many miles are on your current spark plugs? You definitely don’t need coil packs unless you are already dealing with misfires, and have already changed the plugs. Turbo inlets aren’t required for ANY stage, including full frame aftermarket turbos (Stage 3/4)

in other words - none of what you stated is necessary, unless you haven’t changed your plugs since new. If it’s on factory plugs just replace with OEM plugs and call it a day.

now - the above advice is specific to stage 1. There are hardware requirements for stage 2.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Can anyone comment on Bilstein B6 + oem springs for a GTI pushing 500whp? I'm planning to go from stock shocks + EMD springs to B6 + OEM due to the mediocre roads in my area (blew 3 front shocks already).

If anyone is running a b6 + oem setup on big turbo, I'd really appreciate your feedback.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Can anyone comment on Bilstein B6 + oem springs for a GTI pushing 500whp? I'm planning to go from stock shocks + EMD springs to B6 + OEM due to the mediocre roads in my area (blew 3 front shocks already).

If anyone is running a b6 + oem setup on big turbo, I'd really appreciate your feedback.
You're blowing shocks because you're using oem shocks with aftermarket springs. Roads could be perfect you'll still have Honda bounce.

Fdotorres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
You're blowing shocks because you're using oem shocks with aftermarket springs. Roads could be perfect you'll still have Honda bounce.
First 2 shocks were blown on oem springs. Third one was on EMD springs installed 5 months ago.

I'm just not sure how good or bad handling is on big turbo + stock height (drove it stage 1 on stock height).

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Is this the OEM replacement spark plug? I don't trust Amazon to get it right...
1631733212266.png

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Just get it from FCP euro. Here's the one off my 40k mile service order that I placed with them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210915-153749_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210915-153749_Samsung Internet.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 46

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Hey guys I purchased some Michelin windshield wipers from costco last week and can't install them bc it didn't come with the top lock narrow (19mm) piece. I have a road trip on Friday, anyway I can just buy the attachment at a local store?

What wipers come with this attachment incase I have to buy it on amazon instead.

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
Hey guys I purchased some Michelin windshield wipers from costco last week and can't install them bc it didn't come with the top lock narrow (19mm) piece. I have a road trip on Friday, anyway I can just buy the attachment at a local store?

What wipers come with this attachment incase I have to buy it on amazon instead.
What model? They may not be compatible at all.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Sry vwolks for totally OT question but since most of you live much closer to the source, perhaps you could help me. I’m looking for specific Mexican product, some variety of tequila with gold particles in it. It is called Hacienda de Chihuahua oro puro. If someone is also a fan of booze (besides cars of course), can you please search some webpages of suppliers as I’m not familiar with such pages. Thx!

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Sry vwolks for totally OT question but since most of you live much closer to the source, perhaps you could help me. I’m looking for specific Mexican product, some variety of tequila with gold particles in it. It is called Hacienda de Chihuahua oro puro. If someone is also a fan of booze (besides cars of course), can you please search some webpages of suppliers as I’m not familiar with such pages. Thx!
Yeah, idk what this is but I want one to…

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT