GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Milogolfsw

Hi dumb question, I just picked up a 2018 golf sportwagen s 4motion and I noticed I don’t have the battery cover (wrap around the battery) or hood insulation. Were those two items supposed to be included? Just wanted to check before I take it up with the dealer. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hi dumb question, I just picked up a 2018 golf sportwagen s 4motion and I noticed I don’t have the battery cover (wrap around the battery) or hood insulation. Were those two items supposed to be included? Just wanted to check before I take it up with the dealer. Thanks in advance!

The under hood insulation didn't come on my 18 SE either.

danvphotos

Passed Driver's Ed

My 2018 GSW doesn’t have those either.

DHGTI1

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
How do I reinstall a grab handle in a 2016 se? Handle popped out way too easily from the passenger side roof, and nothing looks broken. I can see where the tabs should go, not cannot for the life of me get it back in and to stay by more than the headliner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

vwlotech

Go Kart Newbie
Is there an OEM part number for the side power folding mirrors that is a kit from VW? (both mirrors and the switch) looking for my 2016 Golf R

thanks for any info

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Is there an OEM part number for the side power folding mirrors that is a kit from VW? (both mirrors and the switch) looking for my 2016 Golf R

thanks for any info

Blind spot monitoring?

You will want to add a few door panel clips as well as they can break when removing the panels.

This is what I bought from e-acca.com back in Aug 2017.

5G1857508DE9B9 - right side/passenger mirror assembly - $156.90
5G0959565AGICX - mirror switch - $29.23
5G1857507CE9B9 - left side/driver mirror assembly - $156.90
5G0857521M - aspherical BSM - $44.50
5G0857522M - aspherical BSM - $40.66
7L6868243 - door clips (6) - 0.48x6 = $2.88
+ shipping USD 31.85

Grand Total USD 462.92

Laughing Sawfish

Can someone confirm that the only way that Soundaktor can only be modified via the touch display is by using the "driving mode" -> "Custom" settings on 2019 GTIs? (In my case specifically the Autobahn variant)

I have read multiple postings that this can be modified via the "entertainment" settings, but I do not appear to have that capability.

-tnx,
Jeff

p.s. Yes, I have read the thread about physically disconnecting the module as well as reading the OBDEleven thread. :)

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Can someone confirm that the only way that Soundaktor can only be modified via the touch display is by using the "driving mode" -> "Custom" settings on 2019 GTIs? (In my case specifically the Autobahn variant)

I have read multiple postings that this can be modified via the "entertainment" settings, but I do not appear to have that capability.

-tnx,
Jeff

p.s. Yes, I have read the thread about physically disconnecting the module as well as reading the OBDEleven thread. :)

Confirmed

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
Here's mine: what's the difference between a blow off valve and a diverter valve on the turbo? I.E., using a GFB DV+ and, say, a Forge or Boomba BOV? I'm guessing the latter replaces the entire thing whereas the former just replaces a couple of parts?

Along those lines, if one got a BOV, would one still have use for Boomba's other product that blows off the air for sound?

Last edited:

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Here's mine: what's the difference between a diverter valve and a diverter valve on the turbo? I.E., using a GFB DV+ and, say, a Forge or Boomba BOV? I'm guessing the latter replaces the entire thing whereas the former just replaces a couple of parts?

Along those lines, if one got a BOV, would one still have use for Boomba's other product that blows off the air for sound?

The difference between a DV and a BOV is where they release the air, they both vent from the same place. The factory one uses a solenoid control, whereas a lot of the aftermarket ones relocate them off the turbo and use vacuum control, which is actually less desirable. The DV+ just replaces the piston and adds a spring, but is still controlled by the factory ECU / solenoid. The spacers they sell to convert to a BOV are similar in that they still use the solenoid but vent to atmosphere which makes more noise.

2015csgGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m curious for R Drivers. Stage 1 tunes don’t really put out as much drastic power as they do for GTI’s (apr stage 1 Gti roughly 315 at wheel 91 octane, stage 1 for R is like 335?) or am I seeing something wrong? My unitronic stage 1 Gti has 350 tq at the crank. Would upgrading down the road when be as drastic as you’d hope or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cracksilog

Passed Driver's Ed
Are there any wheels out there that use all OEM hardware? Like lug nuts and centering rings? I’d love to get aftermarket wheels but this seems like a pain to get hardware to match. And I won’t have extra hardware for the spare. Just how much more of a hassle is it to get a wheel that doesn’t use OEM hardware?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk