GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
The little white drops are actually used to adjust how much wiper fluid is sprayed onto the windshield.

No they are not. You adjust how much fluid is sprayed by the time you spend holding the lever back.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

dub_guy

Ready to race!
The little white drops are actually used to adjust how much wiper fluid is sprayed onto the windshield.

If you have rain sensing wipers, the drops are for how sensitive the sensing is.

If you have intermittent wipers, the drops are for how fast the wipers run on intermittent.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
i think it may be a certain speed you have to be travelling for the auto wipers to start. I had auto wipers on when i turned on the car the other day during a rainfall and the windsheidl was basically soaked but the wipers would only go on after i started moving i think around 40kmh

I don't have auto wipers but I do notice if I have the wipers on and I come to a stop the wipers go to an intermittent state until I start moving again. I would assume the same for the auto wipers, so I would suspect that one would need to trouble shoot the issue while moving.

GTICrazy90

Ready to race!
thanks guys!

Yea I thought the INT was intermittent and not auto, I guess it's both depending on if you have it checked in the system menu.

Stupid design, why have two areas to turn on automatic wipers lol. Thanks guys!

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
For us keyless entry and push to start peeps, I know you can unlock the car by popping off the little cap on the door handle if your key fob battery dies but is there a way to start the car when it's dead? Yes, I understand the fob warns you when the battery is low and I do keep a spare battery in my glove box just in case but I'm just curious if it can be done?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Why is there a light on my dashboard for when my brake pedal is not pressed. I can usually tell that I am not pressing the pedal down... Is there any other reason for that light?

Hambert

For us keyless entry and push to start peeps, I know you can unlock the car by popping off the little cap on the door handle if your key fob battery dies but is there a way to start the car when it's dead? Yes, I understand the fob warns you when the battery is low and I do keep a spare battery in my glove box just in case but I'm just curious if it can be done?
There's a marked area on the steering column where you can put the keyfob close and it will read the chip no matter how dead the battery is. You should read that section in the manual, it can save you time and money in the future.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
Why is there a light on my dashboard for when my brake pedal is not pressed. I can usually tell that I am not pressing the pedal down... Is there any other reason for that light?

I bought my GTI used from a Volvo dealership and when we came back from the test drive he saw that light and said "oh yeah, that light means when you are stopped at a light you can press the brake all the way down and it will hold until you apply the gas again!" I just played dumb cause they thought the car was an SE but it was most certainly an Autobahn so I just kept my mouth shut and got a great deal :D

SRQ_MK6

Ready to race!
There's a marked area on the steering column where you can put the keyfob close and it will read the chip no matter how dead the battery is. You should read that section in the manual, it can save you time and money in the future.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Thanks! That's pretty neat. It was a random thought I had at work but I'll definitely have to check that out

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
it is right where a key hole would be if so equipped.

light on dash when not applying brake? are we talking about when trying to start or something I don't have?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Isn’t that brake pedal dash light telling you that you must press the brake in order to shift out of Park (DSG) etc?

MEM GTI

Ready to race!

I believe there is a spot where the old ignition was that you can hold the fob up to and it should start. Apparently it has enough magnetic pull or lingering charge to work if it’s that close. It’s in the manual somewhere I I believe. I looked it up one time out of curiosity myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
it is right where a key hole would be if so equipped.

light on dash when not applying brake? are we talking about when trying to start or something I don't have?

There's a green light shaped like a circle with a foot and a pedal on it. That displays on the instrument cluster when the brake is not applied while in park.

Isn’t that brake pedal dash light telling you that you must press the brake in order to shift out of Park (DSG) etc?

Is that really what it is for? If somebody doesn't know you need to press the brake before shifting then they probably shouldn't be driving a car IMO.