GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
Certainly. That's what the R's come with.

its a great idea until you have a flat on Christmas morning like I did lol

Fix-a-flat will 90% of the time never work unless you are working with a really small hole or do not have far to travel. The tow truck is the best solution, but if you go on a road trip be sure to put it back in.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
its a great idea until you have a flat on Christmas morning like I did lol

Fix-a-flat will 90% of the time never work unless you are working with a really small hole or do not have far to travel. The tow truck is the best solution, but if you go on a road trip be sure to put it back in.

I usually travel 20 miles a day round trip. But I agree if I drive far to put the spare back.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
I carry tire plugs and a compact pump since my spare tire is difficult to access. I've used them three times in the past 18 months. But i'm happy to have the spare in case of a catastrophic tire failure.

I might do that, still wouldn't help me on the night tho. I had a huge gash in the LR tire and ended up having to buy 4 new tires because the other 3 were at 5 and 6. Oh well, convinced the wife to let me get the Michelin pilot sports

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Good afternoon all.

Anyone have experience with the CaristaApp?

obdEleven seems to be popular with everyone on here but Dad has a BMW and his Engine light just came on =(

Or any other recommendation which would work for both BMW and GTi ?

Thank you in advance All

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
Just curious.....On the track me and this charger Rt had been messing around some then we get off an exit onto another track, he is in front of me. There are no cars in sight so we know whats about to happen. Im about 2 car lengths behind him in 3rd around 3k rpm, i hear him floor it, and so do I. Im coming up on him, and then pass him pulling on ahead pretty strong then i let off and he comes flying by. I was not expecting that, and im sure he wasnt either. i mean these cars look like they would be hella fast. 2016 gti stage 1.5

Last edited:

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Just curious.....On the highway me and this charger Rt had been messing around some then we get off an exit onto another highway, he is in front of me. There are no cars in sight so we know whats about to happen. Im about 2 car lengths behind him in 3rd around 3k rpm, i hear him floor it, and so do I. Im coming up on him, and then pass him pulling on ahead pretty strong then i let off aound 120 and he comes flying by. I was not expecting that, and im sure he wasnt either. i mean these cars look like they would be hella fast

It’s a digital world...I would probably edit your “120” post.
Even on here. You just never know who’s reading. *shrug*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Just curious.....On the track me and this charger Rt had been messing around some then we get off an exit onto another track, he is in front of me. There are no cars in sight so we know whats about to happen. Im about 2 car lengths behind him in 3rd around 3k rpm, i hear him floor it, and so do I. Im coming up on him, and then pass him pulling on ahead pretty strong then i let off and he comes flying by. I was not expecting that, and im sure he wasnt either. i mean these cars look like they would be hella fast. 2016 gti stage 1.5

=)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
What are you curious about? It's no surprise that a bone stock charger is slow. Only 300 hp and way less torque. And 4k+ pounds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EmmKay11945

Ready to race!
What are you curious about? It's no surprise that a bone stock charger is slow. Only 300 hp and way less torque. And 4k+ pounds

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I used the wrong word. I was just surprised that I passed him from behind. I never looked into what kind of power they made. They just look fast