GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

RuffledJersey

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 S DSG
What's the latest target for pricing on Sirius/XM? It is always a PITA on the phone with them and will waste an hour of time, but the target cost is always moving.
I don’t waste my time on the phone with them but always use their chat function. They always make a lame offer.

First time our sub expired, I just canceled and immediately signed back up with the same account using a deal link found on Slickdeals. This year, the chat agent was actually able to match a deal which gave us a 3 year sub for about $100 all in.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Car is occasionally losing power exiting sharp turns. Getting a loud blowing air sound, RPMs climb extremely slow, engine seems to lose most power until I let off the gas and re-engage. Sometimes it's happening after boost cuts even when T/C is off. Turbo going bad and starving the engine of oxygen maybe? I'm been putting a quart in every 1000 miles at this point. Possibly just a vacuum leak somewhere?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Car is occasionally losing power exiting sharp turns. Getting a loud blowing air sound, RPMs climb extremely slow, engine seems to lose most power until I let off the gas and re-engage. Sometimes it's happening after boost cuts even when T/C is off. Turbo going bad and starving the engine of oxygen maybe? I'm been putting a quart in every 1000 miles at this point. Possibly just a vacuum leak somewhere?
Loud blowing air sound... interesting. Possibly the diverter valve malfunctioning?

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Nice! Tell me about these coupons, I'm pretty new to Aliexpress.
They usually just show up on the item listing page, sometimes you have to click in to "claim" them. I've got a 9.2" screen + trim frame sitting in the cart now that should be $235 but with all the random coupons is looking like $209. Usually there's a dozen or more stores selling the same thing so sometimes worth looking at all the listings to see which store has the best "deals" running at any given time.

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
They usually just show up on the item listing page, sometimes you have to click in to "claim" them. I've got a 9.2" screen + trim frame sitting in the cart now that should be $235 but with all the random coupons is looking like $209. Usually there's a dozen or more stores selling the same thing so sometimes worth looking at all the listings to see which store has the best "deals" running at any given time.
Thanks, I didn't realize all those would stack! Looks like about $20 off for me as well, I'm placing the order.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1

Exactly this. Just click all the listed coupons and add it to your cart. During check out, there's a thing at the top to select $20 off.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Loud blowing air sound... interesting. Possibly the diverter valve malfunctioning?
That definitely could be the case, I recently replaced it with the OEM part, maybe it's failed. I'll check the bolts.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What’s everyone’s go-to digital disc measuring tool?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Digital caliper?

Harbor freight.
yeah I need one with the prongs at the end, to get over the caliper lip...was going to amazon it, but harbor freight makes sense