GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Most of the aftermarket stage 1 clutches seem be right around 300ft lbs so would it be safe to assume stock is rated the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

jstnstr

Passed Driver's Ed
Just picked up a Mk7 yesterday. Had a Mk6 a few years ago, it didnt have a reverse camera. First time I heard the reverse camera popping out in my Mk7 I thought there was a fuckin decepticon in the trunk. Is it normal for it to be so audible? Any fixes to quiet it down?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Just picked up a Mk7 yesterday. Had a Mk6 a few years ago, it didnt have a reverse camera. First time I heard the reverse camera popping out in my Mk7 I thought there was a fuckin decepticon in the trunk. Is it normal for it to be so audible? Any fixes to quiet it down?

It's normal. I haven't heard of a way to make it quieter. You'll get used to it and it won't seem so loud.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie

It’s a mechanical sound like the fue pump when you start the car, you’ll just get use to it. Or you can raise the volume of the music as a plan b.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie

You know how it's spring loaded to bounce back when you open the hatch with your hand? That's why it makes so much noise; the motor needs to be powerful.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie

Or maybe trade it for one with an Autobot like Bumblebee in the trunk instead?

And as others have said, you'll get used to the sound and be very happy when the weather is crap out and your camera is perfectly clear/clean when you put it in reverse.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
And as others have said, you'll get used to the sound and be very happy when the weather is crap out and your camera is perfectly clear/clean when you put it in reverse.

This is the best part...lens stays clean.

Rear camera on our X5 is always foggy looking.

cracksilog

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a non-PP mk7.5 GTI. I found a set of front brake calipers online with the GTI logo for the performance package. If I wanted those calipers, would I have to switch out BOTH the front and rear brakes? Or can I get away with just changing the front brakes? In other words, can I run PP brakes in the front only or do I have to replace both front and rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk