GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
And, generally speaking, on our cars the sweet spot is 20mm rear, 15mm front? What brands or sellers are recommended?

Yes, for totally flush. Any major brand hubcentric spacers are fine. ECS, urotuning, shopDAP and BMS all have complete kits with longer bolts (and wheel locks if you want them).

theglowpt3

What's the difference between activating Sport Mode by pushing the gear shifter down and using the infotainment system? Pushing the gear shifter down doesn't change the infotainment screen, but does add an "S" letter to my dash which indicates sport mode. Are these different modes or is the software just not written well? (2019 GTI btw).

edrex

Ready to race!
Different modes. The gear shifter changes shift points to keep rpms higher. The one in the infotainment changes a different set of options but I'm not too familiar with that one.

j_rad91!

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Since when is the GTI take 0W-20 oil? I bought the normal 5W-40 since this is my third GTI but apparently the 2019 is different. Should I not use this weight then and get the VW 0W-20? So irritating!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I have noticed when I use the horn I must hit steering wheel buttons, I'll find the radio changed, MFD display different etc. Yesterday when someone pulled right in front of me I found I managed to reset the extended miles/mpg display. I didn't think this was possible w/o going through the radio. Anyone see this?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If you follow that thread one member had a dealer monitor the variable timing component lock up and that cause his stalling.
This. BIG thread and many affected