GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 PP Brake Dust Help / Need new pads

ffpm46

Hello all,

The brake dust build up on my PP is killing me. My VMR's are constantly dirty and a pain in the *ss cleaning them.
Has anyone swapped out the pads to a less dusty set? Is there such a Pad?

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

MrConflicted

Passed Driver's Ed
Normally I'd recommend Mintex pads, but it looks like they are only available for non-PP cars. I feel your pain with brake pad issues. I don't care about dust, but EBC is the only company that makes a track pad for non-PP cars (like me). They really need more options out there :/

geebob

Ready to race!
Audi S3 pads have same part number, and Porterfield has the R4S for the Audi. Give them a try and report back :) The R4S has been my goto performance street pad for years.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I'm no help, but I feel your pain.

I power wash my rims and brakes once a week, and the quantity of black sooty water that runs off amazes me every time.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Hello all,

The brake dust build up on my PP is killing me. My VMR's are constantly dirty and a pain in the *ss cleaning them.
Has anyone swapped out the pads to a less dusty set? Is there such a Pad?

Any help would be appreciated.

I bought these amazing VMR Bronze Burst wheels and they are constantly ruined by the brake dust

Norsk982

Ready to race!
Audi S3 pads have same part number, and Porterfield has the R4S for the Audi. Give them a try and report back :) The R4S has been my goto performance street pad for years.

So are you saying that the S3 pads will produce less brake dusts than the PP brake pads?

How good are the EBC Red Stuff brake pads? I see that they produce the lowest brake dust.

Last edited:

codespyder

Ready to race!
Put on a set of Carbotech 1521s recently. So far the results seem to be good. Will update in a few weeks' time :)

geebob

Ready to race!
So are you saying that the S3 pads will produce less brake dusts than the PP brake pads?

How good are the EBC Red Stuff brake pads? I see that they produce the lowest brake dust.

No, I'm saying the Porterfield R4s pads will dust less and stop better than the stock PP pads. The R4s pads, along with others I assume, are available for the Audi S3. The S3 seems to have the same pad part number as the PP GTI, so they may fit.

If I was looking for pads other than the R4s, I'd look at Carbotech, Ferodo and maybe Pagid.