GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI Stern Rear Brace review (and iSweep) - 8.5/10, great mod!

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Definitely going down this route with Stern. Was gonna go with ECS so I can get both front and rear to match but this sounds like a better deal. I did order the ECS rear subframe locking collars, but I'm waiting for my rear Moog endlinks to come in to compliment the 25mm Neuspeed RSB and do them at the same time.

Just installed the Eurosport front strut bar yesterday and I have to agree that it makes a difference. The car feels more planted up front. Has a heavier steering and is more predictable. At first, I didn't notice much, but after taking it on the highway and hitting some bends, the car feels more solid if that makes sense. I think once I get the rear done with the Stern brace, it will anchor the car even more....hopefully.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Definitely going down this route with Stern. Was gonna go with ECS so I can get both front and rear to match but this sounds like a better deal. I did order the ECS rear subframe locking collars, but I'm waiting for my rear Moog endlinks to come in to compliment the 25mm Neuspeed RSB and do them at the same time.

Just installed the Eurosport front strut bar yesterday and I have to agree that it makes a difference. The car feels more planted up front. Has a heavier steering and is more predictable. At first, I didn't notice much, but after taking it on the highway and hitting some bends, the car feels more solid if that makes sense. I think once I get the rear done with the Stern brace, it will anchor the car even more....hopefully.
It definitely will. I got the Stern brace recently.

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
I will have to give this a look. I remember how much difference the 3 pt rear strut tower brace made in my Celica. If this is anything close it will be worth it.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I'm assuming this doesn't work with the AWD models? Just curious as the link lists Audi in there as well (though there are FWD A3's right?).

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
This is where the rabbit hole is endless. I just installed the Stern brace last night, torqued everything from the older MK6 instructions since updated ones don't exist. I can't really push the car due to the flocking low 20F temps, but I'm not really feeling a huge difference. Granted, I upgraded the RSB (25MM) and installed the Eurosport front strut bar. So digging deeper into that rabbit hole, will installing a front subframe brace make a difference to compliment the rear?

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
This is where the rabbit hole is endless. I just installed the Stern brace last night, torqued everything from the older MK6 instructions since updated ones don't exist. I can't really push the car due to the flocking low 20F temps, but I'm not really feeling a huge difference. Granted, I upgraded the RSB (25MM) and installed the Eurosport front strut bar. So digging deeper into that rabbit hole, will installing a front subframe brace make a difference to compliment the rear?
Well, like you I haven’t driven the car enough to really tell but my OCD compels me to have the other complementary parts installed, LOL

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Well, like you I haven’t driven the car enough to really tell but my OCD compels me to have the other complementary parts installed, LOL

I'm glad it's not just me! 😅

I just didn't get that "wow, what a difference" moment after test driving. I'll give it more time before making any more purchases.

RobertJG25

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf 1.4 TSI
Would this fit a 2019 Golf 1.4t? The website just lists 'VW Golf / GTI / Rabbit MkVII (15+) 2.0T' which would mean it wouldn't fit the 1.8t cars either?

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Alright, I'm digging the Stern brace. I made an approx 80 mile round trip and I noticed the difference on the highway. All is good... Still digging though.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Get the front subframe brace.