GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI high mileage engine fail.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
For the record, that shop is super legit, just sayin.

mk7Gashi

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys sorry for the late response to everyone’s concerns. I wanted to let everyone know that it was my call to get the apr engine crate. My mechanics did give me the option to rebuild it and see exactly what was wrong and also gave me the option for a used motor from a 17 gti with same coding for 6,500$ with labor and fluids. I was the one that made the call to get the apr crate since I wanted the longest life for my mk7 and since I’m not finished building my mk7 to a fully stage 3+. A lot of people From this topic think I’m crazy for trusting just one mechanic but I grew up with these
Guys and went to school with them they’re family to me and I assure you they would never do me wrong. They also hold their reputations really high and are known for euro cars from mechanical to performance in the state. I ended up selling my old motor to a local that wanted to rebuild it and do a swap to his old vw. I gave him my number and told him to text me if he found the issue of why there was low compression on all 4 cylinders and what caused the motor the fail the leak down test. Thank you guys for your comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OBP

Go Kart Newbie
Definitely try and recoup some of that money by selling the old engine or parts of it if it looks viable.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys sorry for the late response to everyone’s concerns. I wanted to let everyone know that it was my call to get the apr engine crate. My mechanics did give me the option to rebuild it and see exactly what was wrong and also gave me the option for a used motor from a 17 gti with same coding for 6,500$ with labor and fluids. I was the one that made the call to get the apr crate since I wanted the longest life for my mk7 and since I’m not finished building my mk7 to a fully stage 3+. A lot of people From this topic think I’m crazy for trusting just one mechanic but I grew up with these
Guys and went to school with them they’re family to me and I assure you they would never do me wrong. They also hold their reputations really high and are known for euro cars from mechanical to performance in the state. I ended up selling my old motor to a local that wanted to rebuild it and do a swap to his old vw. I gave him my number and told him to text me if he found the issue of why there was low compression on all 4 cylinders and what caused the motor the fail the leak down test. Thank you guys for your comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be VERY, VERY careful with the APR crate motor. I have heard its a hit or miss sometimes with their crate motors from someone who builds racecars, and has a 700+hp R.