GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI High Knock Retard

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Funny guy. I don't even know who the moderators are here. I just saw you asking a question about an EQT TCU tune that you're still running for some reason. Then I saw your signature and found this thread where you're trying to get attention all over again. Quit being a tool.

-- Ed

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Funny guy. I don't even know who the moderators are here. I just saw you asking a question about an EQT TCU tune that you're still running for some reason. Then I saw your signature and found this thread where you're trying to get attention all over again. Quit being a tool.

-- Ed

Yes, I just responded to that comment. You know I purchased the full EQT ECU and TCU tune before I changed my ECU i figured TCU would react the same to any other ECU. But it's not, thank you, for clarifying.

It's funny how you just popped up randomly when I responded to a comment addressed to me, referencing my old post. I guess it's just a coincidence.

Whatever bro, I'll be the tool instead of having skin as thin as yours.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
1652918310287.png

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Yes, I just responded to that comment. You know I purchased the full EQT ECU and TCU tune before I changed my ECU i figured TCU would react the same to any other ECU. But it's not, thank you, for clarifying.

It's funny how you just popped up randomly when I responded to a comment addressed to me, referencing my old post. I guess it's just a coincidence.

Whatever bro, I'll be the tool instead of having skin as thin as yours.
I’ll bite. What tune are you running currently and do you like it? Also wtf is dolo?

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yeah the comment towards me was in reference to my old thread, now you know why. 🍆

What's your reasoning for responding to a comment not targeted towards you? Thanks for providing my point with EQT cheerleaders getting offended at comments, not targeted at them.

LMAO, here's one of the EQT cheerleaders. @dtfd I acknowledge an issue it was not miscommunication, for that to happen we both had to of made a mistake. Communication was never on my part solely on EQT. Get that straight.

I flew off the rails? How, by not accepting EQT nonsense? That's my choice? It didn't go good for me? dude I'm literally still here, I think it went great!👍 You upset I mentioned it? Stay mad, Lol. thanks, for taking the time to find the greatest post of all time.
Damn you're really mad. Responded to my comment at 10:05 am and then logged back in at 10:33 pm to edit your response so you could tag me in it.

Were you really thinking about me all day like that? I'm honored.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I’ll bite. What tune are you running currently and do you like it? Also wtf is dolo?

Im currently running Sneekytune, it's the best customer service I've had compared to other tuning companies I've been with such as APR, Unitronic and EQT.

Staged tune they are pretty much all similar it's up to your preference.

If you have a Cobb AP and DSG I would suggest EQT to have the ECU and TCU match. Ed recently mentioned it's better when tunes match. Or you can get TVS DSG I hear alot of good things about it and currently considering TVS DSG tune.

If your manual I would suggest Sneekytune, sportyMK7 and others on YouTube have put in work on the street with Sneeky. And customer service was by far best I've had. When I was having issues with EQT tune, I reached out to Sneekytune asking for advice and they ended up helping me even though I wasn't one of there customers. The fact they helped more then the company I was actually paying for is why I made the switch. But this has been my Individual experience though. Most people have great experience with both tuners honestly.

Dolo is a slang term for solo. It's an old term I guess. Lol.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Honestly it's really sus how quick they came to defense on this thread when I was just referencing a funny comnent
Facts! I already know, the EQT cheerleaders will run to silence you quick in this forum. You saw how fast they contacted Ed. EQT website says they respond to emails 12-24hrs I get a response within 2hrs of Posting anything EQT related. How are paying customers waiting longer for a response than me. 😂

You'll never see this from any other company.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Im currently running Sneekytune, it's the best customer service I've had compared to other tuning companies I've been with such as APR, Unitronic and EQT.

Staged tune they are pretty much all similar it's up to your preference.

If you have a Cobb AP and DSG I would suggest EQT to have the ECU and TCU match. Ed recently mentioned it's better when tunes match. Or you can get TVS DSG I hear alot of good things about it and currently considering TVS DSG tune.

If your manual I would suggest Sneekytune, sportyMK7 and others on YouTube have put in work on the street with Sneeky. And customer service was by far best I've had. When I was having issues with EQT tune, I reached out to Sneekytune asking for advice and they ended up helping me even though I wasn't one of there customers. The fact they helped more then the company I was actually paying for is why I made the switch. But this has been my Individual experience though. Most people have great experience with both tuners honestly.

Dolo is a slang term for solo. It's an old term I guess. Lol.
My experience has been the exact opposite. I was having issues with my e85 Sneekytune and wasn’t getting any help trying to figure it out. I switched to eqt and within 12 hours we found out I was having fueling issues. Sneeky does good work but it’s just him and I think he stretches himself too thin to support all of his customers fully.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Damn you're really mad. Responded to my comment at 10:05 am and then logged back in at 10:33 pm to edit your response so you could tag me in it.

Were you really thinking about me all day like that? I'm honored.
This is true. I was sad you didn't reply back to my post.😥

So I made sure to tag you after so you wouldn't just post and run anymore. Stand and explain your reasoning for jumping into a comment addressed to someone else. 😂

let the man fight his own battles. You look silly running to a company defense you have no stock in. I also think Apple sucks are you gonna run and contact Tim Cook now? Lol. Your gonna post how I think they suck. And if you have Android they suck too.

Yes I did think about you bro, and it worked your here finally commenting, right. 🤗👍

**Re-edit hrs later, again** 🤗

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This guy again?

Maybe link your actual thread in your clever signature so people can actually read the full story for themselves. Sorry but we went above and beyond to try to correct a very honest mistake on our end (a mistake that caused no damage). All you wanted to do was complain and try to get attention... you had no intention of working with us to resolve anything, so we moved on our way. Now you're acting like some kind of Marder. Get over yourself dude. All of this happened a year ago... amazing.

-- Ed

I think the word you're looking for is martyr.

Unless you're implying this is him 🤣

1200px-Marder1A3.6.jpg

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
My experience has been the exact opposite. I was having issues with my e85 Sneekytune and wasn’t getting any help trying to figure it out. I switched to eqt and within 12 hours we found out I was having fueling issues. Sneeky does good work but it’s just him and I think he stretches himself too thin to support all of his customers fully.
I totally agree dude, I don't deny any of that. This is why I feel it's up to the individual we will all have different experiences. No one is really wrong for it.

Even though I'm with Sneekytune cause of my personal experience I still suggest EQT to people, I don't play favorites. Cause it really is person preference, on the street there isn't one Dominant company.

But I do like trolling EQT from time to time there fans seem to be the most attached to the company.

The funniest part is most of my car parts are EQT, I only have Sneekytune ECU.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Uh…. Let’s not threadjack this anymore folks.

OP, I’d Strongly recommend moving away from the cobb base tune. If that knock is sustained, that’s a problem. For me, I would even say that’s a high occasional knock to be concerned about. Definitely start with a different tune.

none of my 93, HPFP 93 or HPFP E85 tunes ever had that high of knock

just my .02