GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf 1.8t Whistling/Hissing on Acceleration

Medrilan

Car(s)
MK7 Golf 1.8t
I have a weird issue with my 2016 Golf 1.8t/tsi that started recently. When accelerating and above ~2.5k RPM, there's a hissing/whistling noise from the engine bay on the driver's side. This sound is not present when revving while parked. It also goes away near instantly when letting off the gas.

I’ll list my mods and the things I’ve checked below.

Mods:
034 Drop in Air Filter (Stock Airbox)
Silicone air intake hose
JB4 Piggyback tune
ARM Motorsports Catted Downpipe
Dogbone insert (Probably not relevant to the discussion)

Items checked:
PCV Valve – I replaced this.
Intercooler hoses – None of them are loose
Air intake hose – Was loose enough to pull off with some force, but I tightened and retested.
Wastegate actuator arm – It doesn’t have any play in it.

I’m unsure what could be causing the sound, and I haven’t noticed any power loss. I plan to take another drive with the JB4 hooked up to my laptop to log and validate boost targets/actual boost, which I’ll upload later tonight.

Here's a short sound clip from a test drive today.

I do have a CEL, but it was present before this. Scanning it only shows an o2 sensor issue which I believe to be related to my downpipe, which is when the CEL/code first appeared.

I'm running the OEM TIP, DV, and no turbo muffler delete. I originally posted this on another forum, but a user there recommended I post here, so I'm reposting it here for help. After my original post, I went and took the DV off the car. When I removed the bolts, the whole thing popped off without any help from me, and it came apart in a few pieces. It's a revision C, and the plastic ring with the blue seal that holds the top plastic bit in came off. Hopefully my poor description of the parts here is still enough to get my point accross.

Given the condition of the DV when I took it apart, I'm thinking it may just be that the DV is failing or has failed; am I totally off base here? I have a new one ordered (OEM Rev J) and will test it asap.

Thanks for any tips/recommendations in advance!

Medrilan

Car(s)
MK7 Golf 1.8t
Didn't get a ton of traction on this originally, but I wanted to give an update anyhow.

New OEM DJ Revision J came in today, installed it, and...no change. I need to get some logs from the JB4 next I suppose. I'm not sure what it could be at this point.