GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Was going to say based on your specific time frame you requested that heat is a factor. I'm not familiar with the components in the harness but maybe JBale can give some input if the manufacturer hasn't already, assuming you contacted them about the issue.

Yeah I have promises of new modules being sent out but this has taken entirely way too long to resolve. Lots of going back and forth with them. I just want to know if it's a common problem or just specific to me. I'm not sure if it's heat related as the modules do not appear to increase in temperature at all.

I either want a fully functional set with no issues or my money back. In the end I will be getting jbales harness.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'm not sure if it's heat related as the modules do not appear to increase in temperature at all.

If you can't feel anything on the module heat wise you could be right. I know on some LED setups when you have a resistor for load those bastards can get smoking hot. Again not sure what all is inside of the module but it sorta sounds like something faulty. Shame they haven't resolved that with you, since they are one of the few options out there.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
Is it just me or is something wrong with e-acca.com? I am trying to pull pricing but it says "domain has expired". I just ordered from them this past weekend....

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
First post has now been updated. Please let me know if there's anything you want me to include.

Jeremy wil be putting some things together this weekend for me to include so keep an eye out for that.

JBale

Ready to race!
First post has now been updated. Please let me know if there's anything you want me to include.

Jeremy wil be putting some things together this weekend for me to include so keep an eye out for that.

Great work on the updated first post! I don't think anyone could ask for more relavent information in one place.

Perhaps a note should be made under the none dynamic lights that says no one on the forum has yet tried to retro fit the low line LED European FL tail lights.

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
Yeah I have promises of new modules being sent out but this has taken entirely way too long to resolve. Lots of going back and forth with them. I just want to know if it's a common problem or just specific to me. I'm not sure if it's heat related as the modules do not appear to increase in temperature at all.

I either want a fully functional set with no issues or my money back. In the end I will be getting jbales harness.

I think it's just a fault with your harness. Audiamant's harness is used throughout Europe and South Africa, so I doubt it's an pandemic issue.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I see what you did there and I like your style. :cool:

I tend to believe people want to know as much as possible before making a near-$1000 purchase which is why the post is so detailed. I can trim it if its too much, not really a big deal. I really don't mind refraining from posting a DIY.

JBale

Ready to race!
I tend to believe people want to know as much as possible before making a near-$1000 purchase which is why the post is so detailed. I can trim it if its too much, not really a big deal. I really don't mind refraining from posting a DIY.

I think it is perfect. It is everything anyone needs to know about the new lights.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG

I think you misunderstood what I said to JBale and why I said it hahaha.

Your post is great, but I wasn't making a comment about it.