GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

mustard_tiger

Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6MT
Update in case anybody runs into this in the future: DON'T GO CHEAP. I really thought that these would all be the same, and I was wrong. The eBay version was completely incompatible with 2018+ cars (even though it was advertised as such) and the seller didn't speak good enough English/didn't have the coding knowledge to help. Luckily they were very nice and refunded my whole order, and I just installed the USP Motorsports harness yesterday. It is much better in terms of build quality, and the dynamic signals work now!

Thanks again to ZERO815 and the past few years of comments on here for getting me across this finish line with this pain in the ass of a project :)

ksurl

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE DSG
Update in case anybody runs into this in the future: DON'T GO CHEAP. I really thought that these would all be the same, and I was wrong. The eBay version was completely incompatible with 2018+ cars (even though it was advertised as such) and the seller didn't speak good enough English/didn't have the coding knowledge to help. Luckily they were very nice and refunded my whole order, and I just installed the USP Motorsports harness yesterday. It is much better in terms of build quality, and the dynamic signals work now!

Thanks again to ZERO815 and the past few years of comments on here for getting me across this finish line with this pain in the ass of a project :)
It is likely it would have worked with some repinning and coding but it is hard when you don’t know the layout. Less hassle with oem because you know it will work out of the box.

mustard_tiger

Car(s)
2019 Golf R 6MT
It is likely it would have worked with some repinning and coding but it is hard when you don’t know the layout. Less hassle with oem because you know it will work out of the box.
Yeah, I'm sure I could have figured it out with some effort but the harness itself was pretty low-quality so I didn't feel that it was worth it. Seller gave a full refund and the RFB harness from USP Motorsports is way nicer (fabric covers on the wiring, much less extra length to stuff away, etc). For anybody considering this in the future, the RFB harness is fantastic and their coding allows for the dynamic sweeping signals without the red flashing light, which I was not expecting.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yeah, I'm sure I could have figured it out with some effort but the harness itself was pretty low-quality so I didn't feel that it was worth it. Seller gave a full refund and the RFB harness from USP Motorsports is way nicer (fabric covers on the wiring, much less extra length to stuff away, etc). For anybody considering this in the future, the RFB harness is fantastic and their coding allows for the dynamic sweeping signals without the red flashing light, which I was not expecting.

Why didn't you go with the harness ZERO815 sells?