GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 GTI S or Rabbit INFOTAINMENT RETROFIT DIY and Walkthrough

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
That is True kinda weird there’s no android auto and I’m pretty sure China is huge on android auto so idk what vw was thinking.
These are the options 🤷🏻‍♂️
4C119040-FAAD-4139-B01B-810EDA29B867.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
@El_bigote_AJ does the RCD520 retain use of the factory usb port in the cubby? Or do you have to plug into the usb port on the face of the unit to get Carplay to work?
Face...it doesn’t have the rear mdi plug anymore unfortunately, my situation I was lucky cause I was able to use a 90 degree adapter then hook my wireless dongle to that and attach it to the back of my air ride controller mount so it’s all still hidden.
D81D108C-F533-49D9-9CD8-C74F8AACCA7D.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Alright kids. My 8” MIB2 non-nav screen arrived and I need to pick up the rest of the bits.

Now I have a question about what glove box mounted unit to grab. I can get one out of an Atlas and Alltrack locally, or pay $50 more and get one out of a 18 GTI.

Is there any advantage to grabbing a GTI unit?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
It all depends on the part number,not the car it is from

That’s what I was wondering. I’m paying to have it fully unlocked, just wanted to make sure I’d still be able to have the GTI specific features. So, just a 3Q0035844B and I’m good to go?

2020tsi

Car(s)
2020 Golf TSI
It all depends on the part number,not the car it is from
I've read all of the threads on this topic that I can find, I'm looking to upgrade my 2020 TSI to MIB2 and 8" screen. Is there any advantage to buying a 2GM035878A instead of the 2GM035844A it replaced? I haven't found any discussion of 2GM035878A anywhere. Would a new unit have any advantages over a used one? I have a dealer willing to remove CP.