GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 FL Tail Harness

amlmkv1

Ready to race!
This review is for the harness needed for the FL tails. Got mine from Jeremy (JBale) and the harness works flawlessly. Instructions were clear and easy to follow. It took me about an hour and half to install and code. The hardest part was reinstalling the interior panels.

For those of you that followed the thread you may know about the flicker issue and the support that some of these overseas vendor provides. Jeremy's harness works perfect with no issues and when I had questions he immediately answered :)

If you're planning in getting the tails I would highly recommend Jeremy's. He is the first to offer the harness in NA also.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
Tail lights look fantastic. But I'd like a little more information from your review.

What functionality does the Jeremy Harness offer? Dynamic turn signals? Fog light? What kind of price point is Jeremy offering this product for?

I don't mean to pick on you here. I just like to get as much info as possible, because I'd really be interested in picking these up when I get my tail lights.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amlmkv1

Ready to race!
Tail lights look fantastic. But I'd like a little more information from your review.

What functionality does the Jeremy Harness offer? Dynamic turn signals? Fog light? What kind of price point is Jeremy offering this product for?

I don't mean to pick on you here. I just like to get as much info as possible, because I'd really be interested in picking these up when I get my tail lights.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you! Jeremy's harness works perfectly with no issues. The dynamic turn works fine with the headlight on or off. The instruction that Jeremy provides has the hazards blinking when the headlight is off. When the headlight is on the hazards are dynamic. Per Jeremy I can go into one of the adaptations and change the value but I'm just going to leave it as it is.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Ordered the exact same ones that you got, did you run into any MAJOR (or minor if no major) complications when installing? And are you planning on keeping your stock ones, or selling to offset the cost?

amlmkv1

Ready to race!
I did run into a problem but it was totally my fault. I plugged one of the wires in the wrong hole but other than that it was straight forward.

Jondar

Ready to race!
I did run into a problem but it was totally my fault. I plugged one of the wires in the wrong hole but other than that it was straight forward.

Hey amlmkv, I haven't received my tails yet. But I was looking at Jermey's instructions and at a quick glance it seems I may need pinning tools. Was this the case?

amlmkv1

Ready to race!
Not at all. You'll need tools to get the pins out if you mess up like I did. It you follow the instructions that Jeremy provided you want need any tools for the pins/wires.

Nsknick

Ready to race!
Not at all. You'll need tools to get the pins out if you mess up like I did. It you follow the instructions that Jeremy provided you want need any tools for the pins/wires.

Gah, the ease at which you make it sound, make it harder to wait for them to come in! lol.

amlmkv1

Ready to race!
Gah, the ease at which you make it sound, make it harder to wait for them to come in! lol.
The hardest part was reinstalling the interior hatch panels. I hate removing trims and panels because no matter how careful I am I usually break one or two tabs but I didn't this time. You'll have no problem installing :) took me hour and a half or so including trip to dealer to get one of the pins pulled from the adapter and chatting with them for couple minutes.

Jondar

Ready to race!
The hardest part was reinstalling the interior hatch panels. I hate removing trims and panels because no matter how careful I am I usually break one or two tabs but I didn't this time. You'll have no problem installing :) took me hour and a half or so including trip to dealer to get one of the pins pulled from the adapter and chatting with them for couple minutes.

Good to know, thanks. I honestly hate removing the hatch panels with a passion. When I installed my wiper plug, it took me an hour to put the panel back on. That is the only part of the installation I am dreading.

JBale

Ready to race!
Good to know, thanks. I honestly hate removing the hatch panels with a passion. When I installed my wiper plug, it took me an hour to put the panel back on. That is the only part of the installation I am dreading.

You could try just loosening that panel enough to slide the harness in near the latch. I know what you mean about trying to get it back on... The trim seems to be 6 inches larger than the window opening.