GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek wont fit

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
hello guys

well got my milltek out the box tonight to fit only to find it was miles off especially the back box, the hanging lugs didnt line up and the centre piece didnt join and also diameter of the milltek was way bigger than the stock exhaust. to say im pissed off is a under statement....

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
Sounds like you didn't specify the cat back to be used with stock downpipe. The cat back is 3", stock do is 2.5, they make reducers for this.
no i didnt mate ffs. so what am i needing the then? the back box was well off too

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Sounds like you didn't specify the cat back to be used with stock downpipe. The cat back is 3", stock do is 2.5, they make reducers for this.
Mk7 or Mk7.5?

What part number is on the box?

His profile says MK7...

Milltek includes the adapter and clamps to mate to the stock DP, pictures show this, mine came with it, descriptions say it. As long as you ordered the correct exhaust, this is 100% installer error.

You need to ensure the slip joints fully seat in order for things to fit. When you install, start at the front and work your way back, and don't tighten things down until its all hung in place.

1698361512953.png

1698360974625.png

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2009 GLI, 2016 GTI
I didnt interpret that as him being rude more like an exasperated "for fuck sake threre's something else I need?"

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
Mk7 or Mk7.5?

What part number is on the box?
Its for the mrk7 and on the box its what i ordred..( SSXVW259) never in a million years is it going to fit

Attachments

• 20231026_194922.jpg
    20231026_194922.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
  • 20231026_194922.jpg
    20231026_194922.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 55
  • 20231026_195611.jpg
    20231026_195611.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 59

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Its for the mrk7 and on the box its what i ordred..( SSXVW259) never in a million years is it going to fit
The brackets with the rubber hangers that attach the rear section should be removed from the frame rails and swapped sides or rotated 180° to match them Milltek.

I had to do the same when I swapped exhausts on my R.

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
The brackets with the rubber hangers that attach the rear section should be removed from the frame rails and swapped sides or rotated 180° to match them Milltek.

I had to do the same when I swapped exhausts on my R.
Thats exactly what they told me mate i never knew or we would have tried, so now we've discovered that, they never sent the reducer section either so thats on its way and we should be good to go. Still a bit annoyed if im honest but hopefully start of next week. He said the same aboit the rubbers mate they need to go 180

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I never knew you had to move the rubber hangers on the car mate for the back box to fit, they need to be turned 180 so the milltek fits

I don't recall flipping mine, I do remember removing them from the car though. Glad you're making progress. 👍