GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

milltek exhaust

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
I have a stock (non resonated) exhaust currently on my Golf R , I'm just about to replace it with a milltek (valved) non resonated cat-back exhaust just wondering will it be louder and a nice tone? it already sounds good in race mode just hope I haven't made a expensive mistake. anyone changed there exhaust for a Milltek and is it worth it?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yes, it's louder than stock, and has a good sound, in my opinion.

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
Yes, it's louder than stock, and has a good sound, in my opinion.
fitting it tomorrow mate. i did post about it before but one of my work mates says it wont sound that much different, guess ill find out tomorrow

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
I have a downpipe, and for a long time just ran the stock exhaust with a resonator delete. There is clearly a difference in tone, and sound level.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
It will be definitely louder, valves closed is about double the volume as valves open on the stock muffler/resonator. I found this post on YT with sounds before and after install of a non resonated cat back.

wulliebhoy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MRK7 Vw Golf R
It will be definitely louder, valves closed is about double the volume as valves open on the stock muffler/resonator. I found this post on YT with sounds before and after install of a non resonated cat back.

hello mate, yeah ive watched that probably watched all the YT videos ha. i was just wanting to know from someone who had the Milltek. think its going to be fine