GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Milltek Downpipe fitment

Mgmannin

All,

Been reading through the forums for a few years now, first post! I have a 2017 Golf 1.8tsi that is lightly modified. Track the car a few times a year in Michigan.

I recently bought a Milltek downpipe and I'm having some fitment issues. The downpipe comes with brackets for both stock mounting locations. The engine block mounts is where I am having fitment issues. Please see picture below. Technically the downpipe is for a GTI not a golf, is it possible they have different mounting brackets?

Tempted to grind them off as many downpipes come without these brackets in the first place.

Any help you may be able to provide would be much appreciated.

Mgmannin

DSC_0128.JPG
DSC_0127.JPG

Mgmannin

This is actually the second downpipe Milltek sent me due to fitment. I now have two downpipes that don't fit!!

Perhaps I'm missing something? Maybe orientation of the bracket?

Navi

Autocross Champion
is the bracket upside down? My downpipe doesnt require it so I havent had one on my car for 2 years. Not sure which way it's supposed to be. Maybe try installing the downpipe completely and then putting in the bracket and seeing which orientation for it. Or just leave it off lol

Mgmannin

Just went out to the garage again. Tested the stock one and both milltek downpipes. Confirmed I have orientation correct. Stock fits perfect, first milltek off about 15mm, second off about 8mm. Hmm. I think there is a few options:

1. Grind off downpipe brackets
2. Modify VW adjustable bracket bolt and enlarge Milltek bracket holes on downpipe