GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Meguiar's Air Re-Fresher

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
The first time I cleaned my carpets I used a Bissell Little Green Pro with Oxy shampoo. The most recent time (last Saturday) I used Chemical Guys Foaming Citrus Fabric Clean. Right now the citrus smell is still too strong to tell if it worked but I think I am still picking up the old musty odor as well. I also cleaned the seats and headliner.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XPSP2HS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually just got the Fabric Clean by CG as well!

What did you use to agitate the shampoo?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I actually just got the Fabric Clean by CG as well!

What did you use to agitate the shampoo?

Well I am cheap so I used the attachment from my shampooer which basically did the same thing as soft brush. For the carpets I used the full strength 8:1 ratio. For the seats I used about half that. At 8:1 it foams up pretty nicely. Both the carpet and seats look new now so you will be very pleased unless you are trying to track down a mysterious odor like me.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Yeah...it was intentional...but ever since I was stationed in Hawaii, tropical scents have been my thing lol

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Well I am cheap so I used the attachment from my shampooer which basically did the same thing as soft brush. For the carpets I used the full strength 8:1 ratio. For the seats I used about half that. At 8:1 it foams up pretty nicely. Both the carpet and seats look new now so you will be very pleased unless you are trying to track down a mysterious odor like me.

Came back to update with my before & after. Used Sonax Car Breeze on the fabric after I cleaned it along with Chemical Guys Honeydew scent. I can confirm the musty smell is gone!

Vacuumed & scrubbed with Chemical Guys Fabric Clean then wiped with microfiber cloths.

Before:
1602872886036.png

1602872951774.png

1602872966657.png

After:

1602872915208.png

1602872990497.png

1602873002676.png

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Looks good man!

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Came back to update with my before & after. Used Sonax Car Breeze on the fabric after I cleaned it along with Chemical Guys Honeydew scent. I can confirm the musty smell is gone!

Vacuumed & scrubbed with Chemical Guys Fabric Clean then wiped with microfiber cloths.

Interesting. I will have to look into those products if the musty odor comes back. What ratio of fabric clean did you use on the carpets and seats?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Back on the subject of the Meguair's Air-Refesher. I set one off in my car a few days ago. New car scent. The scent was much more pleasant than the Turtle Wax New Car Scent one, but still didn't really smell like "new car" to me.

Strength was much more subtle, especially given the fact that I couldn't really air it out since it started to rain. Even after leaving the windows fully open for an hour with the turtle wax one, the scent was overpowering. The Meguair's wasn't. In line with that though, the scent seems to be fading very quickly, much faster than the turtle wax one.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Interesting. I will have to look into those products if the musty odor comes back. What ratio of fabric clean did you use on the carpets and seats?

I planned to use 1:20 for the seats & 1:8 for the scrubbing. I ended up using 1:8 for everything, which didn't really foam up as I expected even though it was rather strong. Still, it seemed to work pretty well in getting odors & dirt out.

I assume any APC would do the same trick, I don't really believe in "specific" products for fabric cleaning.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I planned to use 1:20 for the seats & 1:8 for the scrubbing. I ended up using 1:8 for everything, which didn't really foam up as I expected even though it was rather strong. Still, it seemed to work pretty well in getting odors & dirt out.

I assume any APC would do the same trick, I don't really believe in "specific" products for fabric cleaning.

Yeah I'm not sure it is any different than most APCs except for the scent and that you get a bit more for your money being able to dilute it as you wish.

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Yeah I'm not sure it is any different than most APCs except for the scent and that you get a bit more for your money being able to dilute it as you wish.

Well, I bought a galloon of Meguiar's APC for less than 20$, so... :p. It also has a nicer smell!