GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Media play at startup

Pbrowne

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 GTI
I find it aggravating at times when I start my car to have the audio starts playing. It's not necessarily what I had been listening to when I shut off the car. Even if the audio was off or on a broadcast radio station, it may start playing from my iPhone or the SD card, often somewhat random in its selection. I'd rather tune into what I want to hear after I have started the car.

Can I disable this "autoplay" somehow.

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
This used to bug me.
What I have discovered, if you switch it on to the radio and then turn the volume all the way to zero it stays off.
If you leave it on Media and turn the volume all the way down, it comes back on when you start the car again.
After you have turned the radio off you can switch to any of the other screens apart from media and it will still stay off.

Never been sure if this was a fault or a feature.

Cheers,

Terry.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Terry, thanks a bunch for posting that. I picked up my R yesterday and have been trying to solve the same problem. I couldn't find anything in the manuals or the various Discover Media menus, and it was driving me nuts. Whoever designed the system needs to have his head examined.

TerryReis

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad it was of help. This is the only thing I have to fault the car with. Once you know your way round it, not the end of world.

Cheers,

Terry.