GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mazda 3 to GTI with concern

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Lol, this thread has now turned into Kia/Hyundai thread. Who needs GTI?
I also brought up Mitsubishi. Why does everyone always forget about Mitsubishi?!?!?

(lol)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Because they stopped making memorable vehicles are few years ago.
If you've ever seen an IMiev in the wild, I promise that you'd remember it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Coachdrives

Passed Driver's Ed
The new V N is being hailed as a way more engaging driver than the GTI. Sleep on them at your own risk.

Just depends on what you are after I guess. Personally, I think fit and finish on GTI is much higher quality, more mature looking car as well. I guess if I were 20 I might agree, no disrespect there either. I just think it screams more look at me and cheap.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I had a Veloster turbo that had all the bolt ons and was tuned and my dealer warrantied a few things but they weren't powertrain related.

An ECU tune would have no effect on an inop radio unit, so it would be covered.

Now, if you had drivetrain related issues and Hyundai figured out the car was modified, the car would be flagged and any warranty for any drivetrain claims would be denied. Hyundai/KIA has rather slim profit margins, so they don't fuck around.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
An ECU tune would have no effect on an inop radio unit, so it would be covered.

Now, if you had drivetrain related issues and Hyundai figured out the car was modified, the car would be flagged and any warranty for any drivetrain claims would be denied. Hyundai/KIA has rather slim profit margins, so they don't fuck around.

I don't know what you're talking about with an "inop radio unit". I did say that the warranty work on my car was not powertrain related.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
The new V N is being hailed as a way more engaging driver than the GTI. Sleep on them at your own risk.

Happy to.

If H and K upped their game in the last 5-7 years, then yes, I am misinformed. Before then, though, I'm not impressed with their build quality and real world reliability. Too many people I know had expensive issues with them.

That Veloster N does nothing for me. They are few and far between, though, or I'd take them up on their $50 test drive. To get informed, of course.

Coachdrives

Passed Driver's Ed
Well, I’m pretty sure I want either black or white Rabbit if available when I’m ready or rabbit wheels somehow on S or SE. Really don’t like stock SE wheels. Is this possible?

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Well, I’m pretty sure I want either black or white Rabbit if available when I’m ready or rabbit wheels somehow on S or SE. Really don’t like stock SE wheels. Is this possible?

You can always buy those wheels from your VW dealer or an online shop. I installed these wheels on my 2016 GTI two years back and it costed less than $1000 (both my dealer and VW had mail in rebates at the same time).

Related discussion - https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26333