GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Matteo's Tornado Red GTI

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
CTS billet insert and some metal bushings for the shifter on order

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Car's looking good man. You're rocking the TR well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion

Lots of ideas but not sure where to start!

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice and clean. I like the all fit lip - looks good on the red.

Considering replica LP headlights at all?

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
CTS insert is here. On sale at Modded Euros for only $30 :D just waiting on the bushings that I ordered separately

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Got lots done today. An old friend from the MK6 forum came by and helped.

We installed the CTS subframe mount which already feels great. Haven't taken it out for an extended drive yet but I'm optimistic. Install was super easy. Jack the car up, remove OEM mount, bolt in the new one. 10 minutes. *edit* took the car out and the mount is awesome. Slight increase in vibration but it just makes the car feel more alive and responsive, much needed mod for any 6MT

Also finally mounted my front lip with the included hardware. The glue was holding up really well but wanted a more permanent solution.

Lastly, car got a complete detail. Washed it really well and finished off with a wax/sealant. Entire car feels like glass!

Last edited:

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Looks nice and clean. I like the all fit lip - looks good on the red.

Considering replica LP headlights at all?

Thanks! I am definitely considering some rep lights. It was practically impossible to find a car with LP when I was getting mine

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Loving the CTS mount. Shifts are so smooth and the NVH has increased just marginally, making the car feel less artificial than it did before. I look forward to driving it every day :D

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Installed red badge up front :) Expecting gains of about 10HP

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Got a nice tax return - wonder what I should buy? [emoji848]

ryohei47

Ready to race!
Installed red badge up front :) Expecting gains of about 10HP

I actually like how the PP badges look on the Tornado Red. I was thinking of blacking out the badges with something from Badgeskins but this looks a lot more OEM and still gets rid of the chrome. Any pictures of the full front?

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
I actually like how the PP badges look on the Tornado Red. I was thinking of blacking out the badges with something from Badgeskins but this looks a lot more OEM and still gets rid of the chrome. Any pictures of the full front?

Thanks. Definitely recommend the red. Subtle but looks great. Like you said, I felt like black would just make the badge practically disappear

mk7matteo

Go Kart Champion
Went with my gut and ordered the Dieselgeek sigma 6 short shifter! Should be here in a few days