GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Making a deal on a 2019 GTI SE

MeRP2S

Ready to race!
Been looking around for a mk7.5 and came across a nice 2019 GTI SE with only 1200 miles on the dash. Got a hold of someone and they got some numbers situated for me and OTD will be $31.3k. What do you guys think? :unsure:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Manual or DSG?
Dealer or private sale?
Previous ownership - dealer or private person?

MeRP2S

Ready to race!
DSG, dealer, and pervious ownership was private person. Was able to bring the price down $500. So if I round up it’s looking like $31k OTD

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Been looking around for a mk7.5 and came across a nice 2019 GTI SE with only 1200 miles on the dash. Got a hold of someone and they got some numbers situated for me and OTD will be $31.3k. What do you guys think? :unsure:

lol, that person probably paid less for it new

MeRP2S

Ready to race!

It comes with the optional 18in black prets. trying to consider if it’s worth it or not. Car is 2 years old but has 1200 miles on it. Kind of crazy how the previous owner didn’t drive it at all

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
It comes with the optional 18in black prets. trying to consider if it’s worth it or not. Car is 2 years old but has 1200 miles on it. Kind of crazy how the previous owner didn’t drive it at all

yeah... and it’s a people’s warranty car, so the warranty is probably better even if it’s not CPO.

is it CPO? If so, it’s got a warranty to 7 years/84K miles. If you don’t plan on tuning, that’s a pretty big value. Kinda offsets the price.

MeRP2S

Ready to race!
yeah... and it’s a people’s warranty car, so the warranty is probably better even if it’s not CPO.

is it CPO? If so, it’s got a warranty to 7 years/84K miles. If you don’t plan on tuning, that’s a pretty big value. Kinda offsets the price.
I wish it was CPO, would come with that nice warranty but it’s not. Just being sold at a Dodge dealership. I think 2019 came with 6yr/72k mile warranty. So I think it’ll have 5 years left

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
DSG, dealer, and pervious ownership was private person. Was able to bring the price down $500. So if I round up it’s looking like $31k OTD

With a crazy used car market, it might be an ok deal. What is the price without including any fee, tax and title. We would not be able to guess the tax structure in your region. Also MY19 SE trim did not come with black pretorias from the factory. Previous owner changed the wheels or the vehicle is incorrectly marketed as SE trim.

Not all GTIs in this country are sold $6k off sticker.

MeRP2S

Ready to race!
With a crazy used car market, it might be an ok deal. What is the price without including any fee, tax and title. We would not be able to guess the tax structure in your region. Also MY19 SE trim did not come with black pretorias from the factory. Previous owner changed the wheels or the vehicle is incorrectly marketed as SE trim.

Not all GTIs in this country are sold $6k off sticker.
Price without taxes and no registration is $28,471.00. I believe that’s just for the car and nothing else. It’s definitely an SE as it comes with a sunroof, blind spot monitor, leather seats, etc. Previous owner probably added the black prets before trading it in, at least that’s my guess.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Price without taxes and no registration is $28,471.00. I believe that’s just for the car and nothing else. It’s definitely an SE as it comes with a sunroof, blind spot monitor, leather seats, etc. Previous owner probably added the black prets before trading it in, at least that’s my guess.

Oh - I thought the 3X,XXX price was before taxes and stuff.

In this market - $28,XXX for a <2 year old GTI with 70.8K miles of remaining B2B warranty is not a "bad" deal.

MeRP2S

Ready to race!
Oh - I thought the 3X,XXX price was before taxes and stuff.

In this market - $28,XXX for a <2 year old GTI with 70.8K miles of remaining B2B warranty is not a "bad" deal.
But is it a “good enough” deal to actually pull the trigger? That’s where I’m at right now with it. Price will go up $900 because I’ll be adding GAP to it if I decide the pull the trigger on getting it. 🤔

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

I think its a pretty good deal considering current used car market.

I would check the vehicle at least using indi shops as the previous owner traded in the vehicle at 1200 miles. Also checking the vehicle for any TD1 flag using local VW dealer will make sure warranty is not void. If the vehicle is clean, its a good find.

MeRP2S

Ready to race!
I think its a pretty good deal considering current used car market.

I would check the vehicle at least using indi shops as the previous owner traded in the vehicle at 1200 miles. Also checking the vehicle for any TD1 flag using local VW dealer will make sure warranty is not void. If the vehicle is clean, its a good find.
Using indi shops? If I may ask, what is that? I don’t think I’ve heard of that or looking for any TD1 flags. 🤔

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Using indi shops? If I may ask, what is that? I don’t think I’ve heard of that or looking for any TD1 flags. 🤔

A local independent shop who works on Euro vehicles / VWs might be well known of the common issues in this platform and know what to look for during inspection.

If the previous owner had tuned the vehicle in the past and this was recorded in VW system with a TD1 flag, VW's warranty is void. If you are planning to keep the vehicle as stock and People's warranty means a lot, it might be worth looking.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'd wait unless you have to buy now.

I can't imagine these prices holding up, this car isn't new so it shouldn't be priced like it is. Even with the warranty it's carrying, you'll be punished by depreciation when the market corrects in the future.

If you want the car though, just get it. We're not talking about millions here.