GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Krog29

Ready to race!
Amazon sells one too. Rev9 black with pipes and clamps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

_Dejan_

Passed Driver's Ed
Im get my intercooler(Intercoler, hoses and clamps) from hisinauto2015. By ebay info they do not ship to my country but after directly contact them they provide me delivery by DHL(To Europe) for total price 379USD. Best of all has been that I didn't need pay TAX(22%) and import customs(Around 5%) as I need usualy when order parts from outside of EU ...

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
Im get my intercooler(Intercoler, hoses and clamps) from hisinauto2015. By ebay info they do not ship to my country but after directly contact them they provide me delivery by DHL(To Europe) for total price 379USD. Best of all has been that I didn't need pay TAX(22%) and import customs(Around 5%) as I need usualy when order parts from outside of EU ...
I asked them but they would not send it here. Anyway I can get it in other countries as well. But are we 100% sure that hisinauto2015 and au2parts2015 sell the genuine original Magic/Majesty intercooler ?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
I want just a fmic ic I think... I’m not doing a large core ic again... even an eBay twintercooler would be fine

Why not? Old post but im looking into getting an IC, wanted jakes but im poor lately so magic seems reasonable. Is there evidence that fmic performs better than stock location? Im curious what is easiest install fmic or stock location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Why not? Old post but im looking into getting an IC, wanted jakes but im poor lately so magic seems reasonable. Is there evidence that fmic performs better than stock location? Im curious what is easiest install fmic or stock location

Just pertaining to ease of install, fmic is gonna be easier[emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32

Just pertaining to ease of install, fmic is gonna be easier[emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Agreed - FMIC is definitely an easier install. But stock location isn't that bad either. A little tricky getting the condenser/intercooler/radiator assembly sandwiched back together, especially with the size of the stock location Magic, but that was the hardest part for me. I got it done by myself in a gravel driveway, if you have a buddy it'll be a piece of cake.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Does anyone know ?
Kind of an odd question to answer - the magic/majesty isn't really "genuine" or "original"....it's a Chinese replica, I think similar to Wagner.

Most you see on eBay or AliExpress should be the same I think. The fitment modifications have always been inconsistent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

GeorgeTDI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf Mk6 TDI
It's quite simple actually. I don't care who they copied. I'm trying to find out if the units sold by these two stores, which are the only ones available now, are made by the same chinese producer who made the original ones which people recommend here. Someone said I should only look for ads with the "Majesty" logo. Well these sellers have different logos, but identical pictures of the units themselves. So if people have either phisically compared, or got similar results with units from these sellers, then they're genuine enough :)

Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
It's quite simple actually. I don't care who they copied. I'm trying to find out if the units sold by these two stores, which are the only ones available now, are made by the same chinese producer who made the original ones which people recommend here. Someone said I should only look for ads with the "Majesty" logo. Well these sellers have different logos, but identical pictures of the units themselves. So if people have either phisically compared, or got similar results with units from these sellers, then they're genuine enough :)

Its probably the same thing

_Dejan_

Passed Driver's Ed
I have few questions about installation or need help to fix issues...

Im need to trim plastic clip on stock engine radiator to clip intercooler into it. Afcourse I need also trim drivers peg on intercooler to match width of stock intercooler...

Trimmed plastic clip:

After that installation has go without issues. Im reuse stock Intercooler plastic brackets because I didn't broke it after removing. My stock brackets are different as one from ebay(And I have spare at home) they are something like that:

By size they look same except ebay ones have additional clips...

Im put everything back together and then issues start... Because new intercooler is a lot of bigger than stock one there is a lot of smaller gap between engine and engine radiator(fans).

This is stock space:

And this is with installed intercooler:

Another issue is hose which go from radiator press on stock air box "fin" but this I will fix with cutting "fin" and get few milimeters of space and prevent cutting hose:

Im move all together(AC,IC and engine radiator) by moving plastic radiator support to more front position as stock but didn't help and it now provide me problem installing undertray plastic protection because lower part of radiator support it to far away and front side of undertray plastic protection do not clip and can't be fixed with screw...

Any idea what to do to make more space between engine and radiator fans and avoid damage anything with moving engine?
Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• heater_trim.jpg
    heater_trim.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 773
  • ic_hose.jpg
    ic_hose.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 744
  • ic_hose_2.jpg
    ic_hose_2.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 759
  • ic_stock_hose.jpg
    ic_stock_hose.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 738

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
I have been modifying cars and motorcycles for over fifty years....at first it was all junkyard swapped stuuf and then things from Holley, Edelbrock etc. With foreign cars not much. VW had Claudes buggies, Empi and Gene Berg Enterprises. With the advent of digital tuning and cars with ECUs trhat could be programmed it opened up a whole new avenue. But......buyer beware in all things especially something crucial to your powerplant.
As far as my mods go I tend to stick with products that are well engineered and dont require trimming or fussing to get it to fit. When the Chinese buy a Wagner intercooler and reverse engineer it, you are buying a copy, a copy that may look the same but not perform the same. I bought an IE intercooler because I like the engineering that went into the directional vanes located inside the intercooler and the careful measured performance of IAT. Do the chinese do engineering studies like that? Would you fly on a Chinese copy of a Cessna or the real thing??
I for one do not want to spend four or five hours doing an intercooler swap and have to do it again OR dick around cutting plastic or filing parts down. So yes, I spent the extra money and got a VERY well engineered, tested and fabricated part.