GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low dust PP Pads

neildorrel

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit DSG
I recently put the Centric Position-Quiet Ceramics on my '16 PP. They are so good! Really nice, smooth, positive pedal feel and almost no dust. I'm a big fan now!

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
What kind of miles are people getting from the brake pads, especially DSG owners?

DSG PP owner here with 60k on the car.

Had the stock pads and rotors done on the front at 48k. Rears are still ok at 60k.

My commute takes me over a mountain (4K in elevation change) so I do more braking than the average person.

jmasse

Passed Driver's Ed
The stock brakes are great, but I cannot believe how badly they dust on the front. My car has 1000 miles, so probably a great time to change. Looks like the Centric Position-Quiet Ceramics are a great choice. Any more information on the Brembos?

jcarl126

Ready to race!
The stock brakes are great, but I cannot believe how badly they dust on the front. My car has 1000 miles, so probably a great time to change. Looks like the Centric Position-Quiet Ceramics are a great choice. Any more information on the Brembos?

PM'ed ya back, sir!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
porterfield r4-s

no dust

Do they advertise low dust? I don't see it in their overview, but otherwise it appears to be some good pads:

"R4-S High Performance Street and Autocross – For high performance and heavy-duty street conditions. Perfect for prolonged everyday street use while also being capable of tolerating the most severe street use without any fade. Rotor friendly of course. The R4-S friction level will give you an impressive increase in stopping ability with very minimum pedal effort. R4-S compound has the absolute lowest noise and dust levels, far below OEM equipment or any other high performance brake material. Good for autocrossing, some drivers schools, solo events, and rally’s. The R4-S compound is available for virtually any vehicle sold in the US. We also offer the R4-S in pad sizes for competition type calipers that are used under street driven conditions."

Which reminds me.. I have a pair of 'low dust' Brembo ceramics sitting in my garage I haven't tried yet.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Do they advertise low dust? I don't see it in their overview, but otherwise it appears to be some good pads:

"R4-S High Performance Street and Autocross – For high performance and heavy-duty street conditions. Perfect for prolonged everyday street use while also being capable of tolerating the most severe street use without any fade. Rotor friendly of course. The R4-S friction level will give you an impressive increase in stopping ability with very minimum pedal effort. R4-S compound has the absolute lowest noise and dust levels, far below OEM equipment or any other high performance brake material. Good for autocrossing, some drivers schools, solo events, and rally’s. The R4-S compound is available for virtually any vehicle sold in the US. We also offer the R4-S in pad sizes for competition type calipers that are used under street driven conditions."

Which reminds me.. I have a pair of 'low dust' Brembo ceramics sitting in my garage I haven't tried yet.

see bold

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Bumping an old thread, why can I not find the rear pads for a 2016 with PP? I can only find the fronts on any retailer. Anyone have a part number?

Edit: Specifically looking for stop-tech posiquiets

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Part number is AP 1108.1 R4-S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I guess I should have specified exactly what I was looking for, i meant the Stop-tech posiquiet pads haha

ALRGTi

New front Brakes MPG increased

DSG PP owner here with 60k on the car.

Had the stock pads and rotors done on the front at 48k. Rears are still ok at 60k.

My commute takes me over a mountain (4K in elevation change) so I do more braking than the average person.

Last week I needed to replace the front Brake pads and Rotors on my 2016 GTi SE W/ PP at 66K miles.
I avoided the OEM ( Extremely Dusty Brakes ) and bought what the Repair shop recommended. I saved $ 100.oo in the process. My impression after one week is, I am now getting about 2 mpg greater gas mileage over what I had getting before the front brake replacement.

ALRGTi

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Bumping an old thread, why can I not find the rear pads for a 2016 with PP? I can only find the fronts on any retailer. Anyone have a part number?

Edit: Specifically looking for stop-tech posiquiets

I bought from rockauto.com last June.