GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loosing pre-set radio stations?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I had my car at the dealer for this problem today and they reflashed the Discover Media radio. The invoice I received (no charge / warranty work) mentions TSB 91-15-01. I don't know if it's fixed since the problem was sporadic, but apparently the TSB does apply to the US 2015 Golf Rs.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
This is pissing me off. I just checked my software version, I have P3470. I gave the dealer the TSB number and it specifically states any version lower than P4430 needs to have this update installed but when I took my car in the other week they said it didn't apply to me.

I just got off of the phone with my service rep. They said that TSB does not apply to my VIN Number, although I am having the issue!

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
They should realize that the problem is tied to the firmware in the radio, regardless of the VIN of the vehicle. If the radio has the version of the firmware known to have a problem and is exhibiting the symptoms, why can't they just update it? Infuriating!

Tucker3381

Ready to race!
I just got off of the phone with my service rep. They said that TSB does not apply to my VIN Number, although I am having the issue!

This is dumb on the service system's fault.

The problem with their diagnosis being based on VIN can be wrong.

I had major issues in my mk6 with the radio/ipod/bluetooth, which ultimately resulted in a new model for the head unit (went from -E to -F for the model number).

Ever since then, I was constantly told that the system said there were no updates for the radio, even though the mono output from bluetooth had an update out for the -F radio. The system still showed my VIN as having a -E radio tied to it.

I insisted that there is an update, and once they saw the model on the radio, they agreed there was an update for it, which was applied and fixed the issue.

tl;dr: Insist they check the model number of the radio. VIN's don't always tell the full story.

pcr

Ready to race!
My guess would be that it may not be the firmware but due to poor circuitry that is susceptible to electrical noise, in which case it is not likely to get fixed.