GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking to buy a gti se

braveulysses

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 mk7 gti
hey guys. New to the forum and looking for a gti coming out of my current lease of a civic. Pardon me if this is a weird post but I really need some guidance from gti owners.

Anyway I went to the dealership this past weekend looking for a gti s manual with lighting package. I love the cloth plaid seats. I found one, liked it, and got a pretty fair price.

So fast forward to last night. I found a new 2015 gti se loaded with 5k miles on Craigslist from a guy who wants to get rid of it for a gti r. Downside to me is its leather instead of the cloth but I may just be picky.

I've never bought a used car privately so I'm asking you guys what price should I be looking to offer on a model like this. After researching new prices at my local dealership I think it valued new around 32k?

Since my budget was for an s I was looking to spend around 25k. Would this offer be insulting to the gti se owner?

Also is the upgrade from an s to se really that big of a difference for a casual driver?

Last edited:

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
My new GTI SE with 4Door, DSG Lighting Package stickered for $31,181
$28,443 was the selling price.
That includes destination charge, Monster Mats, & the cargo kit.

GrupaTnT

i wanted pure white, 2 door SE 6MT with LP and none of dealers in Michigan had one on lot , so one of the dealers got me one from Cleveland Ohio for that price.that 28.4K included destination price as well.

braveulysses

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 mk7 gti
i wanted pure white, 2 door SE 6MT with LP and none of dealers in Michigan had one on lot , so one of the dealers got me one from Cleveland Ohio for that price.that 28.4K included destination price as well.

This one is pure white 4 dr se. Really really like it but I just don't know where to start with negotiation. Seems like the guy doesn't have a lot of time to sell.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
You said that the value for the selling car is around 32k new, I guess that with 5k miles on it in it will not be a certified car then 25k should be fair, even if the car is worth 32k new that doesn't mean that he paid 32 for it. Maybe he paid 28 like others said I paid 21k for mine with 4k miles and also certified with 24k miles or 2 years on top of the original warranty mine is an S 4doors manual and I love the seats I really didn't want leather seats on this car, I'm sure they are great but not what I wanted. Good luck

santorina4

Ready to race!
I paid $30k for my SE 4 door, DSG with LP, Road Assistance package, monster mats and cargo kit. I think the price was $31,230. I couldn't get them to budge anymore in December. It was also the only SE they had.

I had a 2011 with the plaid and I liked it at first, but I love the leather.

braveulysses

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 mk7 gti
I paid $30k for my SE 4 door, DSG with LP, Road Assistance package, monster mats and cargo kit. I think the price was $31,230. I couldn't get them to budge anymore in December. It was also the only SE they had.

I had a 2011 with the plaid and I liked it at first, but I love the leather.

Im on the fence about manual v dsg. Do you regret not having a manual?

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
Get the SE. The sound system is crap on the S. Yes you can upgrade the audio, but be prepared to drop a couple of k into it. I'm sure you won't have a problem finding someone to swap out the leather for plaid.

As for manual vs DSG. I've had both, and prefer the manual a million times over. But each to their own.

Kyngfish

Car(s)
1986 Carrera 3.2
32 is outrageous

I paid 26.4k for an SE 4 door with DSG - no lighting package -- new -- 4 days ago.

k2nix

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm on the same boat....def getting 4dr SE in Carbon Steel Grey but MAN vs DSG

I had 2008 TT DSG, 2012 gti 2dr DSG, now 2010 Audi TTS DSG...

santorina4

Ready to race!
I'm on the same boat....def getting 4dr SE in Carbon Steel Grey but MAN vs DSG

I had 2008 TT DSG, 2012 gti 2dr DSG, now 2010 Audi TTS DSG...

See if you can take a 6MT on a decent city test drive. I didn't test drive my MK6 at all, but if I would have, I wouldn't have chosen the 6MT. It may have improved with the MK7 or maybe I was just too picky.

Last edited: