GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Why is this SUPERSPEED Wheel Only Distributed in Canada...I did GOOGLE Search and could find USA
pricng or availability ???
Because they are direct imported from China to Canada by a wheel distributor there. You can get them into the US, you just need to have them shipped.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
Can I buy the SuperSpeed Wheels in B.C Canada and using Credit Card save big on exchange rate ???
and what about sales tax or bringing them back into USA ???

Chuck S Auburn,WA

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Can I buy the SuperSpeed Wheels in B.C Canada and using Credit Card save big on exchange rate ???

Chuck S Auburn,WA

No. You can go there and buy them and have them installed and drive to the US. There's no way around ordering them and having them shipped that will avoid the exchange rate.

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI

Chuck S Auburn,WA
PG Performance is a Superspeed distributor and is right over the border in Surrey, B.C. Give them a shout?

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
https://www.tdotperformance.ca/supe...6MTM6Im9mZnNldF9wZF9maXQiO3M6NjoiNDAzMDMwIjt9
Not silver but these are nice.
These are the one's I'm getting 18x8.5 +45 but in matte black...when they come available. Gonna run Conti ECS 245/40/18 tires

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
GolfRRRRR1, Why 245/40-18 vs why so many others write about 235/40

What do you KNOW about how the 245 fits the mk7 on the 8.5 wide wheel ???? vs any other size

Chuck S Auburn,WA

19GTI

Car(s)
2019 GTI DSG
Has ANYONE fit exactly a 17 x 8 +45 RPF1 on a GTI with the PP/R brakes? The closet I've seen in this thread is 17 x 8.5 +40 offset clear the brakes.

Not sure if all 17" RPF1s have the same inner barrel diameter

Last edited:

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
I saw THIS ?? Year GTI today with 245/40-18 Yokahoma Advan??
with Rotiform Wheels, that I'm guessing were 8.5" Wide and et45 ??????

Obviously they Fit .....Just curious if anybody can say more about
this set up......Does car look stock height ????

I am still trying to reach a conclusion what size wheel/tire for my New 19 Golf SE
Leaning toward the VMR710 18x8.5 et45 with 2???? /40 Tires

Auburn.GTI.Rotiform.18.5inch.35or45.YokoAdvan245.40.a.jpg
Auburn.GTI.Rotiform.18.5inch.35or45.YokoAdvan245.40.b.jpg
Auburn.GTI.Rotiform.18.5inch.35or45.YokoAdvan245.40.a.jpg

vw671

Autocross Newbie
I saw THIS ?? Year GTI today with 245/40-18 Yokahoma Advan??
with Rotiform Wheels, that I'm guessing were 8.5" Wide and et45 ??????

Obviously they Fit .....Just curious if anybody can say more about
this set up......Does car look stock height ????

I am still trying to reach a conclusion what size wheel/tire for my New 19 Golf SE
Leaning toward the VMR710 18x8.5 et45 with 2???? /40 Tires

This is the lightweight wheel thread and neither of those wheels are remotely light.

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
vw671, New Member here making lousy excuses......Didnt realize these alloys weren't considered light, but I suppose
everything in this 100 page thread is talking about FORGED light weight wheels.

I'm desperate for education , trying to reach a conclusion and make a buying decision for my 2019 Golf SE (street cruiser)

Sorry to have stepped on your toes ....................

Chuck Sharin Auburn,WA

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
vw671, New Member here making lousy excuses......Didnt realize these alloys weren't considered light, but I suppose
everything in this 100 page thread is talking about FORGED light weight wheels.

I'm desperate for education , trying to reach a conclusion and make a buying decision for my 2019 Golf SE (street cruiser)

Sorry to have stepped on your toes ....................

Chuck Sharin Auburn,WA

You don't need super lightweight wheels for your car. The VMRs or Rotiforms are fine. Lots of choices out there. For comparison, stock Austin wheels on the GTI weigh about 25lbs IIRC.
For your SE, anything lighter than that would be great. If you are mostly going for looks, get the look you want and forget about the weight. An 8" wheel at ET40 (or higher#) or 8.5" at ET45(or higher#) is a safe fit with 225-245 tires.

That car pictured above (post #2007) looks like it's on stock springs. The 245/40/18 size is taller than stock, which fills up the wheel gap. If those tires were 245/35/18, the car would sit lower but paradoxically look like more of a 4x4 because of the larger wheel gap. The moral of the story is: stock springs need taller tires. Your car will also ride better. The VMR 710 is gorgeous and would be a good choice with the 245/40/18.

Last edited:

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
GolfRRRRR1, Why 245/40-18 vs why so many others write about 235/40

What do you KNOW about how the 245 fits the mk7 on the 8.5 wide wheel ???? vs any other size

Chuck S Auburn,WA
The diameter is 6mm more than the 235/35/19 which came stock on my R. The 245 tires are cheaper ($20-$50 each) and have a better load rating so I can drop tire pressures a little. They also have a slightly better sidewall for pothole impact. The Conti ECS has a load rating of 97 for the 245/40/18, while the 235/35/19 has a load rating of only 91, last but not least they are a touch wider for better handling (compared to a 235 tire).

tigeo

Autocross Champion