GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED's and Licence plate

Finepics

Ready to race!
I bought a kit of new generation 5730SMD LED's from a US company. The interior is now almost floodlit they're so bright but unfortunately the licence plate LED's threw up a dash warning to check licence plate lights. Not sure why this happened as these LED's are supposed to be CANBUS proof but to be fair to the company they've quickly refunded me and told me I can keep the LED's.

So what causes this - is it their resistance? How to correct this if I can DIY?

mlewando

Ready to race!
You can buy special adapter for LEDs or go to your VW Dealer to code the system.
Could you please upload some pictures with interior LED ? I am fery keen to see this.

Wolly

Passed Driver's Ed
you will need to code in the leds with vagcom, I bought genuine led number plate lights and had to do the same,

Finepics

Ready to race!
you will need to code in the leds with vagcom, I bought genuine led number plate lights and had to do the same,

Oh cool, didn't know I could do that. I have the cable and VCDS software so will get that done!! Nice result in that case since they gave me a partial refund and told me to keep them!!

Finepics

Ready to race!
You can buy special adapter for LEDs or go to your VW Dealer to code the system.
Could you please upload some pictures with interior LED ? I am fery keen to see this.

Will take some pics shortly for you.

Finepics

Ready to race!
Pics of the lights fitted to rear - so bright it's hard to show them!!

Finepics

Ready to race!
The ones in your pic will throw a code if installed, for the license plate. deautokey.com makes error free ones fro the license plate

Going to use VAGCOM to recode them and see if that works first - because I read up that the resistor types have a much lower light output (not that that particularly matters with licence plate lighting I guess - just makes it easier for the Cops to read it!!!).

mlewando

Ready to race!
Looks very bright inside the cabin! Did you also install LED in front (reading lights)?
Isn't it too bright?
PS. Your sig is saying Trendline, but for sure its Comfortline! I have the same seats.

GTA5

Ready to race!
I'll post a pic with mine see if you like it. Can try this bulb. It's has built it resistors. Let me see if I can find a pic

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Finepics

Ready to race!
Looks very bright inside the cabin! Did you also install LED in front (reading lights)?
Isn't it too bright?
PS. Your sig is saying Trendline, but for sure its Comfortline! I have the same seats.

Yeah I did all the interior lights including the vanity lights. It's so bright I don't need footwell lights (which I don't have)!!

Definitely Trendline! Hong Kong has different specs compared to other countries, they tend to get loaded with extras eg I get 15" alloys that technically belong to Polo, but don't get bluetooth radio or any media connection (the comfortline in HK gets 16" alloys, a sunroof and bluetooth radio etc!!).

Finepics

Ready to race!
I'll post a pic with mine see if you like it. Can try this bulb. It's has built it resistors. Let me see if I can find a pic

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

They look good - might end up doing that as it's a lot easier! Funny - one of the diodes on one of the interior lights is flickering and then goes out - dodgy bulb already!! Luckily I have some spares!