GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Taillight VAGCOM

captainmorgan92

Passed Driver's Ed
If I have my stock rear tails set so the inners blink and act as a brake light along with the outers, how will it behave when i put the LED tails in with no coding? Just curious if anyone knows.

I have a harness, but not access to VCDS at the moment, and I am tempted to toss them on.

I am assuming that the inner red LEDs will flash alongside the outer red LEDs, but just wanted to see if anyone has encountered this before!

Last edited:

soundmike

Passed Driver's Ed
If i'm not mistaken, the LED tails will act exactly the same if you're just doing a direct swap, no harness. It's like you just replaced bulbs.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You can install the lights without coding but do not install the harness until you can code. At the very least you won't have proper signals without coding and you may not even have proper brake lights.

captainmorgan92

Passed Driver's Ed
Just installed the lights today. Everything works as the stock lights did. The entire taillight (inner and outer) flash for turn signals and light up for brake.

This almost makes me not really care about doing the coding and harness right away, it looks pretty nice.

On a side note, did anyone else's driver's side outer wires which connect to the lights seem pretty taut when connected?

captainmorgan92

Passed Driver's Ed
I thought stock was just outers for signal and brake and both were parking?

I had it coded so the inners also flashed with the outers for turn signals, and lit with the outers on braking as well.

So with the LED tails, the entirety of the red LEDs now flash for turns and light for brakes.