GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED reading light retrofit

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
It always beats me when light sources are fitted in black housings which reduces the brightness. I either paint the area behind the light source white with "whiteout" or arrange aluminium (al_u_min_i_um) i.e. not aluminum foil as a reflector (taking care not to touch electrical contact points). You can do the same with remote controls to increase the range.
What's with the weird over emphasis on the spelling of aluminium.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Haha... yea what's going on here, lol. I had LED replacements in my standard housings for a while. Much brighter but on the harsh, almost overpowering side of bright. When I replaced my headliner (what a pain) I bought the factory LED housings all around. Still nice crisp LED light but not so in your face, I like them better.

flogR

Ready to race!
What's with the weird over emphasis on the spelling of aluminium.
It was tongue in cheek for the benefit of North Americans who ignore the "i" when speaking. "In 1990 The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) accepted aluminium as the international standard."

flogR

Ready to race!
I have written to The International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) suggesting they accept molybdenium as the international standard for the sake of consistency and I reckon it rolls off the tongue better.