GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Launch control on DSG?

creep

Hi guys,

I've seen a couple of videos on Youtube, showing the acceleration of the 2.0TDI with DSG. Does any one know if there is a launch control option??

Thanks

gtiw7

Ready to race!
Can the Launch control be done in any automatic car?

Audi did launch control in the early-model R8 V10 with the R-tronic gearbox (single clutch Auto), & Lamborghini did it with a single clutch gearbox as well (Murcielago & Aventador)... so in theory; if a car was built & programmed to do launch control then it will do it, as simple as this; regardless of the transmission type :D

However in most cases, or may I say "in conventional cars world :p" Launch control is only applicable to cars with dual clutch tranmission. you will not find it in other types of automatic cars.

creep

I remember that there were also cars like the M3 that had this sort of system. Dont know about the golf though. The videos on you tube seem to show some sort of launch control though. i dont think it should be particularly impossible to have on the DSG.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
I had launch control on my MK5 GTI.
It was great fun to use occasionally but was generally accepted not to be used too often even though VW left it available as a feature on DSG in some markets.
Its not on the MK6 on mine.

(Edit mk6 2.0 TDI DSG i.e)

Last edited:

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I have 5 friends that have launch control in their MK6 GTI. So I guess it is up to the dealer (or the regional-specification) whether a car has launch control or not.

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've only found launch control in gti's and r32's or golf r.... All other dsg models I've driven don't (passat tsi dsg, passat cc dsg, passat 3.2 dsg) its either that vw only puts it on sportier models or that the dealers here in the mid east don't choose to bring this option on non sporty cars

.:KindiGTI

Go Kart Champion
don't know about the tdi or any other golf ranges, but if you've seen it in videos than it probably has it.

Groovetemple

You don't need it with the GT Diesel, it only has 150bhp and the front wheels on mine cope with it fine unless you really try hard... The Mk6 DSG GTi has it but VW say if you use it often it causes damage and you get a nice big bill as they now know what to look for...