GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lassen90's 2016 Golf GTE

lassen90

Hello from Norway.

Picked up this new Golf GTE from my dealer last week :)
In Norway the GTE is cheaper than the GTD and the GTI and it comes with a lot of standard equipment that is a option on other models.

Equipment added:
- Discovery Pro (App-Connect)
- Tinted rear windows
- Parking heater
- 18" Marseile
- Deep Black Pearl

Plans for the car:
- Rear wiper delete
- Some VCDS tweaks (DRL with parking light, rear DRL)
- Lowering springs/Coilovers(Haven't seen a coilover kit to the GTE/or the Egolf)? Maybe coming for the next season(next spring)
- Have to have a set of new rims, can't decide what to go for yet. But the 18" Marseile rims will be used for winter tyres later this season :) I like the Avant Garde M220 and the M540 but I also like the Rotiform Nue and the BLQ. But all of these wheels require that I lower the car. Can't fit those aftermarked rims with the stock hight, that's just my opinion.
- Maybe ECS flush kit to the Marseile rims, just afraid that 15mm will be to much on the front tires? (I'am not sure if the GTI fender is wider than the standard/GTE fender?
- Detail the car with Swissvax Shield and Autobahn on the rims :)
- Maybe upgrade the speakers and do some soundproofing

Some pictures (I will try to take some better pictures soon) :

vwman

Go Kart Champion
How do you find the LED headlights performance ?

They offer the Bi-Xenons headlights as an option in the UK on the GTE

lassen90

How do you find the LED headlights performance ?

They offer the Bi-Xenons headlights as an option in the UK on the GTE

Haven't driven to much in the dark yet. But I drove trough some tunnels yesterday and they performed as expected, still way better than halogen. I still think that the Bi-xenon is better, because the light is better distributed, and have a wider beam. But I decided to go with LED because is more modern than xenon and is properly better when I am going to sell the car in the future.

lassen90

Played around a little with my VCDS today, US blinkers.
Couldn't get the blinkers to dim :/ So I coded it away again, what do you guys think?
Also couldn't get them to light up while the low beam was on, only got it to code it with DRL!