GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lack of luck

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
It arose from the abyss. Dreaded thing. You got it. Creaking front suspension. Probably the mount and bushing of the front-left suspension. I never (not exactly never) hear music in the car. I prefer the music of the engine. At ~300km over bumps with walking pace, it was heard for the first time. If I turn the steering wheel left from centre or from left to centre I hear a similar noise.
And to add something that you never heard before, be careful with this one: my fuel gauge yesterday were showing slightly less of 1/4 fuel quantity and on refueling it swallowed a good 43lt of premium unleaded. I noticed something weird after the first fill-up. It took a good 100km for the fuel gauge to even move slightly downwards. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night (during my Sunday-night driving up and down in the mountains of Pindos for example).
The xenon lights were fogged up (the right one heavily) but after the 3.5 hour night driving cleared themselves and remain crystal-clear since then.
I expected the two of the three problems to appear thanks to all of you and this great forum the fuel-gauge thing is to be added for your knowledge. Time to take it in, but my program is so tight that I don't have a single hour free to tske it there...
But the Golf is perfect in every other aspect. Silent but strong, refined but with very good handling. And the Holy Triad of driving is at its best: steering-gearbox (manual)-brakes.

320i24vv

Passed Driver's Ed
Delivered at 18:00 in 03/01/2014 southwales1977...
Am really sorry to hear about your problem. You gotta check with your dealer asap.
Also, what is the return policy in Britain? If you want can you return the car in 30 days and get a full refund?

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Am really sorry to hear about your problem. You gotta check with your dealer asap.
Also, what is the return policy in Britain? If you want can you return the car in 30 days and get a full refund?

Thank you 320i24vv, I'm not living in Great Britain, so I can't tell you about the returning policy over there. I'm not thinking on returning the car. I suppose those problems will be resolved in the dealership. I posted this thread only to let you forum-members know that there is another potential problem with the fuel gauge. I hope anything will be ok after the inspection, only God knows when I can get it to the garage, that's the big problem for now.

320i24vv

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you 320i24vv, I'm not living in Great Britain, so I can't tell you about the returning policy over there. I'm not thinking on returning the car. I suppose those problems will be resolved in the dealership. I posted this thread only to let you forum-members know that there is another potential problem with the fuel gauge. I hope anything will be ok after the inspection, only God knows when I can get it to the garage, that's the big problem for now.
I am sorry Geomets, didn't notice you are not from UK. Long office day takes it tolls. :p
I wonder if we can create a topic with all the problems that everybody has encountered and the solutions found for those problems and then centralize them in an spreadsheet or whatever (like the table with the members and the power plant that made the car)?

Just a thought! :eek:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Oh hell Geomets, you have my sympathy. Hope you gan get the Gremlins out of the system as soon as possible.

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Oh hell Geomets, you have my sympathy. Hope you gan get the Gremlins out of the system as soon as possible.

Gremlins, annoying b@st@rds... Thank you Rob, I hope I'll get rid of them. The suspension problem is common (not here, I suspect that there are 5-6 GTIs in the whole country) but the fuel gauge one??? Oh, well, special guys(!) have unique problems as it seems...

DW58

Go Kart Champion
The fuel gauge problem is certainly a new one, sounds to me like the sender is stuck or something like that.

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
The fuel gauge problem is certainly a new one, sounds to me like the sender is stuck or something like that.

I too think that the electronic module which controls the gauge has a problem. I'm running now on the second fill-up. 50km and the gauge indicates that the tank is full. Didn't drop a mm. So, I'm checking the distance and fuel consumption "since refueling" and practice my maths to not end up in the middle of the road with no fuel. Modern technology my @$$. What ever happened to the good old floater and string?

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
It arose from the abyss. Dreaded thing. You got it. Creaking front suspension. Probably the mount and bushing of the front-left suspension. I never (not exactly never) hear music in the car. I prefer the music of the engine. At ~300km over bumps with walking pace, it was heard for the first time. If I turn the steering wheel left from centre or from left to centre I hear a similar noise.
And to add something that you never heard before, be careful with this one: my fuel gauge yesterday were showing slightly less of 1/4 fuel quantity and on refueling it swallowed a good 43lt of premium unleaded. I noticed something weird after the first fill-up. It took a good 100km for the fuel gauge to even move slightly downwards. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night (during my Sunday-night driving up and down in the mountains of Pindos for example).
The xenon lights were fogged up (the right one heavily) but after the 3.5 hour night driving cleared themselves and remain crystal-clear since then.
I expected the two of the three problems to appear thanks to all of you and this great forum the fuel-gauge thing is to be added for your knowledge. Time to take it in, but my program is so tight that I don't have a single hour free to tske it there...
But the Golf is perfect in every other aspect. Silent but strong, refined but with very good handling. And the Holy Triad of driving is at its best: steering-gearbox (manual)-brakes.

I saw your post earlier but was about to head home, anyways I think you have jinxed me but 1st....
I noticed the irregularity of the fuel guage, the 1st time I brimmed the tank the needle was well in the red about 10 miles showing on the range, but it was about 40 litres to fill it, I drove from Bham to Hinckley return and noticed the guage had barely moved didn't think too much about as it was a run each way but it was about 100+ miles before the guage started to reduce anyway 300 miles later I decided to brim it again yesterday but although the guage was well above the red with a range of 60 miles it took just under 44 litre to fill it or 29mpg which tallied with the computer screen.
Anyways come out of work and just waiting at a roundabout and a car has rear ended me :eek: , due to the speed I'm hoping it was just superficial damage that can be polished out fingers crossed. :eek:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Oh feck Avanti, you didn't need that!

I feel your pain :(

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Oh feck Avanti, you didn't need that!

I feel your pain :(

I was shocked as we were almost in stationary traffic, I had a better look when I got home, I'm hoping the marks can be polished out, otherwise new bumper with a matching spray job :eek:

Car was washed yesterday, so the black marks are the offenders.

Last edited:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Fingers crossed.