GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Koni Yellow settings

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
So your noise is from the rear and the rear 034s should fix the squeak? If so, maybe I'll give it a try.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

“Should” it’s a strong word LOL, I’m hoping that it does , I’ll give my honest opinion once they get here and I have time to install them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
“Should” it’s a strong word LOL, I’m hoping that it does , I’ll give my honest opinion once they get here and I have time to install them.

Is your squeak only at low speeds? Kind of like a groaning or old bed?

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Lol yes I couldn’t described it better myself

I'll probably pull it apart tonight to see if I maybe didn't torque something down all the way. I don't recall hearing it on my first test drive so maybe I need to put some load on the rear suspension for the final ugga ugga.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
So I had time to install the 034 shock mounts yesterday, I went ahead and put some silicon grease around the rubber just in case torqued everything new bolts and all that good stuff and I’m sad to inform that the efing noise still there, I was so pissed that took advantage of the nice day and went biking lol.
So the mounts are not at fault, next I’ll put the car on ramps and have someone push down on the boot to see if I can hear it from underneath with the suspension under load.as always, any suggestions are welcome

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
So I had time to install the 034 shock mounts yesterday, I went ahead and put some silicon grease around the rubber just in case torqued everything new bolts and all that good stuff and I’m sad to inform that the efing noise still there, I was so pissed that took advantage of the nice day and went biking lol.
So the mounts are not at fault, next I’ll put the car on ramps and have someone push down on the boot to see if I can hear it from underneath with the suspension under load.as always, any suggestions are welcome

Someone said sway bar bushings already right?

What about the exhaust hanger?

tylerf0606

Ready to race!

Damn... I pulled everything apart a couple of weeks ago too. Spray everything with compressed air, torqued all bolts down and it did nothing. Hopefully we can figure out what the noise is.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!

Hmm... I could see it being the sway bar bushings. Any suggestions on which ones to buy? Maybe just email ST and see if they will send me new ones or let me buy new ones?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Yeah I was thinking about that, the noise come from the passenger side , I will take a look at that. Thanks

RopeJumper13

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Yeah I was thinking about that, the noise come from the passenger side , I will take a look at that. Thanks

I have something similar. I'm convinced that it's caused by the sway bar. I purchased new bolts to see if it's the TTY factor.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG

Mine make noise too, but I don't think its anything loose. I think the stiffer insert lets things like shock noise into the cabin. I hear things on low speed rough roads, where the shock is going to be bouncing up and down like crazy, but very little on the freeway where piston speed is low.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Mine make noise too, but I don't think its anything loose. I think the stiffer insert lets things like shock noise into the cabin. I hear things on low speed rough roads, where the shock is going to be bouncing up and down like crazy, but very little on the freeway where piston speed is low.

Yeah but his noise was there before the new mounts.