GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kind of over it

cezar

Passed Driver's Ed
Why not just sell/trade for a DSG GTI with the performance package?

Less chance of crank walk and has the LSD. And maybe another one won’t have those weird gremlins/creaks.
This is what I should have bought from the get-go.

Anyway, I traded the car today and now I have a F30 BMW.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie

This will have a fair bit of BMW tax when it comes to parts and repairs.

What type/spec of F30 did you get?

My $.02 from some seat time in a poverty spec one from back in the day.

My Poverty Spec F30 Impressions

cb1111

This will have a fair bit of BMW tax when it comes to parts and repairs.

What type/spec of F30 did you get?

My $.02 from some seat time in a poverty spec one from back in the day.

My Poverty Spec F30 Impressions
Yes, the F30 was the version where BMW said "let's see if we can build a car as exciting as a Yugo". I had an '09 335ix that was a great car when it ran. 4 high pressure fuel pumps in 20k miles and a piss-poor dealership experience resulted in BMW throwing some money at me and me trading it in.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Didn't want to be the first one to chime in that the F30 BMW is an odd choice when trying to get away from gremlins in a VW. Haven't owned one personally, but I've watch two people go down that rabbit hole.

cb1111

Didn't want to be the first one to chime in that the F30 BMW is an odd choice when trying to get away from gremlins in a VW. Haven't owned one personally, but I've watch two people go down that rabbit hole.
Yeah. I will never own another BMW unless I'm in Germany/Austria. The arrogance of US dealers, along with incompetent techs make for an awful ownership experience.

People in the US forget that BMW in Germany (at least the 3 series) is like Chrysler - mainstream, but has some performance options.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Yes, the F30 was the version where BMW said "let's see if we can build a car as exciting as a Yugo". I had an '09 335ix that was a great car when it ran. 4 high pressure fuel pumps in 20k miles and a piss-poor dealership experience resulted in BMW throwing some money at me and me trading it in.

The three best days of an N54 owners life is the day they buy it, the day they tune it and the day they sell it.(y)

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
I can agree on the creaking seat. Its very minor for me if Im listening to it. When sitting down if you were to move around abit on the seat I’ll hear a creaking noise on the left side where you adjust the back rest. Might be the plastic seat

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Not sure why you went the BMW route if reliability was your reason for leaving the GTI.....but to each their own. Can't see most of your complaints as enough justification from getting rid of it but I do sympathize with any 6MT problems because the 6MT is trash.

I'm a manual to the grave guy but to anyone out there thinking about getting into this platform, I really think the DSG is the only way to go. Unless you're very mechanically handy and don't fear clutch or, worst case scenario, engine labor down the road. This is especially true if you plan to tune the car.

Even my upgraded Sachs performance DMF clutch started acting up before I traded the car in recently. Was getting worse over time and ended up sounded like a damn diesel truck, chattering like a SMF pucked unit lol that and the few loss of crankshaft sync codes were enough to scare me out of it before the crank went for the last walk. Oh....and I wasn't tuned.....and the car only had like 13K miles on it......