Do you have/want kids?

• No kids ever. Childfree for life!

Votes: 15 19.0%
  • Have kids or want kids eventually.

Votes: 57 72.2%
  • Undecided.

Votes: 7 8.9%

• Total voters
The 439hp BRZ thread brought to light that there are others like me who live the DINK lifestyle (Double Income No Kids).

I had made the conscious decision not to have kids MANY years ago. It all stemmed from a VERY real scare I had when I was 17 years old. After that, I really took my time carefully evaluating the whole procreation thing and decided when I was 29 to have a vasectomy. I'm 33 years old now and married to a wonderful woman who shares my opinions on the matter.

Just curious what the overall consensus here was amongst fellow enthusiasts. I know of two so far.

Discuss.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I guess I'm a SINK :laugh:

38 and no plans on having kids. If I were to have kids it would have been in my 20's. Now that I am nearing 40, no way. I don't want kids in college while I wrap up for retirement.

I do think about who I will become a burden to when I'm too old to care for myself :p I have lots of friends with kids so I'll need to see who turns out the most responsible, latch on to them and in exchange for care, leave them my fortune.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I think it's personal choice. Seem's like you've made your decision. I want to one day, I think I still have a few years before it happens. I'm in no rush.

Bender1

Banned
I'm 23 and I'm pretty sure I'm way too selfish to get married, let alone have kids.

I was at 23 as well. Not saying you WILL change, but you might. I am 30, married, and looking forward to having kids in a couple years.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If you do it, just have ONE. That seems to be the best nowadays with all the fucking running around, and bullshit with schools, sports, etc, etc...

Father of 3, lulz.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
once i get a house. but im only 23 and live in california, so getting a house is going to be a misson.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
25 Looking to have kids around the 30s to mid 30s....IF even that.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I have no interest and she has very little interest, vasectomy planned within the next couple of years. The only circumstance under which we'd end up with a kid or kids would be adoption following some sort of tragedy, i.e. if a family member or close friend died and their kid was left with nowhere to go.

With no kids or pets and not living in NYC or California, we're effectively rich. It is pretty sweet.

P

plac

I have no interest and she has very little interest, vasectomy planned within the next couple of years. The only circumstance under which we'd end up with a kid or kids would be adoption following some sort of tragedy, i.e. if a family member or close friend died and their kid was left with nowhere to go.

With no kids or pets and not living in NYC or California, we're effectively rich. It is pretty sweet.

cuz moneys the most important thing in life, right? :lol: :thumbsup: