GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KC Dubs

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Where is the nearest dealer?

HVW used to have Unitronic as well...but I think that is no longer the case. There's a shop in Omaha, NE.

However, once the Uniconnect tuning device is released we can tune our own car! We should be able to buy it online, have it shipped, and never need to go to a tuner shop.

Internexus

Ready to race!
At school I make sure to park at the end of the row where we have a crosshatched area that I can park a good foot or so over into to open the gap up that much more from other cars parked next to me.. Despite that extra effort I still managed to have someone ding my back door today with their school bus sized truck. Going to see if I can find the person tomorrow and take a long shot at asking him to pay for the dent to be pulled which will likely result in a "no". :rolleyes:

Inter nexus,

What are "monster mats"?

http://www.amazon.com/Volkswagen-OR...6524683&sr=8-1&keywords=2015+gti+monster+mats

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh no!!! I'm super careful where I park. Sorry man! School lots are the worst or Wal-Mart...

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Internexus,

Sorry to hear of your early "ding". I know the feeling...where oh where to park when out!!

Why are you putting rubber mats over the nice new ones?

Cleaned my car today for the first time; black same as Turboteid's photo above. So had a very close look at the wheels; they are very pretty and grow on one. The design and detail & finish is superb.

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
Monster mats are preferred. They are rubber and say GTI. It's a $200 or so add on.

Internexus

Ready to race!
Internexus,

Sorry to hear of your early "ding". I know the feeling...where oh where to park when out!!

Why are you putting rubber mats over the nice new ones?

Cleaned my car today for the first time; black same as Turboteid's photo above. So had a very close look at the wheels; they are very pretty and grow on one. The design and detail & finish is superb.

These ones are a dealer option and actually take the place of the carpet mats, so I'll hide the original ones away in the garage to always be pristine. The rubber mats don't seem to ever show wear and tear and work really well at preventing mud/water/snow from ruining the carpet.

Nyanga

Ready to race!
These ones are a dealer option and actually take the place of the carpet mats, so I'll hide the original ones away in the garage to always be pristine. The rubber mats don't seem to ever show wear and tear and work really well at preventing mud/water/snow from ruining the carpet.

OK I get it!

Cleaned the car yesterday for the first time and could see the dirt build-up on the carpets (UK winter weather....).

Any reason for not putting your monster mats over the originals? I guess they would slip, which in the case of the driver's one could be dangerous if under pedals.

Internexus

Ready to race!
The stock floor mats snap into place, these do the exact same. I'm not certain of it but there could be a possibility of if these were placed on top the gas/brake pedal may not be able to be fully depressed.

Got the trucks license plate and vin number today as well as the drivers name, waiting to see if I run into him and see if I can convince him to cover the dent being pulled otherwise I'll see if I file with insurance if they will go after him for it and not affect my rates.

oehawks3

Ready to race!
Hey guys

Internexus

Ready to race!
Got the dent pulled and the guy called me back. He says he doesn't recall doing it at all but was willing to pay the $50 and be done with it, I decided to split the difference with him as it wasn't intentional after all.